Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nivea Creme

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
I don't know about the Mexican diet.. or maybe it is the Mexi-Ameri diet. Its good... nice and fattening.. mm cheese.. etc. LOL

Ha! I see how that is ambiguous now... I meant diet coke. But yeah, I love gooey cheese too. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

jayem said:
Man, I've searched every Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and drugstore in the Chicagoland area, and still can't find one that's not made in Mexico!
I have been buying the little tins of Nivea at Walgreens. They originally said Germany, then switched to Poland. The ingredients list matched. Now the small tins say Mexico too like the tub but the list still matches the original ingredients list. I believe the difference is the big tub vs. the tin, not where it is made.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I have to order my nivea from smallflower.com. I use it on my legs right after I shave and it keeps my legs smooth and soft until about 4 days later when I shave again. I would never dream of putting the stuff on my face!:eek: Goodness! I have enough problem with oil as it is.

Samantha

Mary

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
maybe we should start a "Product Exchange" thread?

I'd love that! There's a lot of things that are impossible to find here and sometimes you can't buy them on the internet cause they only ship to the US and Canada. I'd love to be able to get hold of them!

But I don't know what Swedish products I can contribute with. We have the German Nivea Creme and I guess we have good allergyfriendly products but I generally feel that the US is far better with old-school products.

But if someone wants me to get something for them. Just PM me!

M

KateSpenser

New in Town
CherryRed said:
I have been buying the little tins of Nivea at Walgreens. They originally said Germany, then switched to Poland. The ingredients list matched. Now the small tins say Mexico too like the tub but the list still matches the original ingredients list. I believe the difference is the big tub vs. the tin, not where it is made.

Did you notice the smell of the Mexican Nivea...my mom or grandmother used this years ago and it didn't smell anything like what I bought in the little tin.

The tin is a cute idea though, I cleaned it out and put my favorite moisturizer in it. The little tin fits perfectly in my purse.

PS

A-List Customer
If it says Poland or Germany its fine but I can't stand the Mexcio Nivea Creme. It has a burnt oil scent to it that drives me insane and its really greasy. I get my big tub from Smallflower too. I only use it at night from about September to April, this is the season when my skin dries out, it helps heal any marks on my face during this time of year, the rest of the year it is too greasy to use.

monicacaroline

New in Town
drugstore product snobbery?

I have been to bought nivea here and in Germany and I really think its exactly the same product.
I bought a 13.5 glass jar from walmart (its the only thing I've bought from there in years, I swear!) that I tried my hardest to go through. When I got to the bottom third a year and a half later the product had gone bad. Oils separated,wouldn't rub in,sat on the top of the skin etc.
Is it possible that these "inferior formulas from mexico" are maybe just old?
I'm using a "mexican" plastic tub from cvs now, it feels just like my nivea from germany.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
desi_de_lu_lu said:
maybe we should start a "Product Exchange" thread?
Please!

There are many things we cannot find here. I would love to try the lottabody lotion.

We have Nivea here of course. And... Belgian chocolates? beer? lol I wonder how a Trappist beer would work as setting lotion lol

Lenore

Practically Family
Medvssa said:
Please!

There are many things we cannot find here. I would love to try the lottabody lotion.

We have Nivea here of course. And... Belgian chocolates? beer? lol I wonder how a Trappist beer would work as setting lotion lol

Mmmm.... Chocolate....

Might be an issue with shipping though. Melted chocolate is not so fun. :(

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
It holds pretty well even in summer (Belgian summer, rarely hits 30°C), people here never put the chocolates in the fridge. In Spain people do lol But it shouldn't be a problem in winter.

Lenore

Practically Family
True, with winter coming it shouldn't be a problem.

I was thinking about spring, summer, and fall, where it's high risk to ship melt-y things here. It's 22°C here today with the rain, but I'm in Texas where our Summer (July/August/September) averages 34°C and can easily get up to 40°... No chocolate is safe.. *sniffles*

That said... one might always stock up in the winter and keep it in the fridge for year round enjoyment... IF one had enough control over temptation. I couldn't. LOL

Rola

New in Town
Somebody mentioned Nivea creme manufactured in Poland? They still make it in Poznań, like in the old days:

kremnivealotnik7b032e55.jpg

kremnivealotnike76e70d8.jpg

kremnivealotnika17690a8.jpg

Found on internet auction. Pre-WW2 tin. "Airman" brand, those aviators had to protect their skin (for the ladies!) in these open-cockpit planes!

Antje

One Too Many
Great tin,
I've been using the Nivea at the moment, as a moisturizer, because I couldn't find ponds.
I don't think it is great for taking of make up or do you gals have other ideas about it.

Ingrid

New in Town
I went to Cvs the other day and ran into the Nivea cream in the tin! I live in florida. I was under the impression that it was hard to find but I am very pleased. It certainly is better than the cream in the plastic, and it smells better :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
What is it about this moisturizer again? I can't find the original thread. Something about an ingredient that is the same as a modern trendy one at something like $80 an ounce?

tamjwhite

New in Town
Hi Ladies, sorry I'm still a bit confused. I've just ordered my German Nivea off of SmallFlower and I know it's a body cream but are you able to use it on your face as well? How about as a cold cream?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112