Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Love For Black Hats

Stetson
64A2535E-E1E0-4A76-9618-367802CB3C16.jpeg

Fallentaxi

New in Town
Appreciate the granular images of you in the western derby. Me being green, are there categorical differences between a derby a hamburg?
Thanks! The images are just an attempt to be artsy by running a couple pics thru app editing filters.

Derby’s are stiff/hard felt hats, homburgs are soft felt. The blocking between the two is different. Homburgs can be worn with a center crease or not; with crown pinches/dents or not. Being stiff, Derby’s are not made to be creased or pinched. Derby’s have the D’Orsay curl & the binding is different from that of a Homburg. Other than that, I’ll leave to the Expert.

Fallentaxi

New in Town
Thanks! The images are just an attempt to be artsy by running a couple pics thru app editing filters.

Derby’s are stiff/hard felt hats, homburgs are soft felt. The blocking between the two is different. Homburgs can be worn with a center crease or not; with crown pinches/dents or not. Being stiff, Derby’s are not made to be creased or pinched. Derby’s have the D’Orsay curl & the binding is different from that of a Homburg. Other than that, I’ll leave to the Expert.
Great, thanks for some basics. The D'Orsay curl is what grabbed my interest...I'll google.
Keep working the black and white!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider