Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Name 42-18246-P size 44

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last yesr I bought an A2 jacket in the UK and the seller believed it was an Aero. However it is without doubt the 42-18246-P which is believed to have been made by S.H. Knopf of Boston, MA. It has all the distinguishing characteristics of this no-name contract: Angular pocket flaps, uncovered backs of collar snaps inside the neck, contracted epaulet box-stitching with the crossing X contained within the twin-stitch lines, but with the bounding box line extending the full width of the strap and rectangular leather tab reinforcement for the back of the snap inside the pocket. The jacket has a repro label from JC. I have replaced the knits which were post war and were not matching. The HH is quite thick and very strong. The zipper is a Conmar, although I have seen examples with Talons. Its is a very comfortable jacket which should get more wear later in the year.

024-9.jpg

026-10.jpg

029-6.jpg

028-8.jpg

030-7.jpg

032-5.jpg

031-8.jpg

Burnsie

Thanks for posting! Pics like this were the reason I joined the FL originally. Heartening to know you'll be wearing and enjoying this incredible jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24