Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noir City Seattle 2013 - February 22–28

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
The week long Noir City Film Festival returns to Seattle's historic Uptown Cinema in less that a week!

Tenuki and I have series passes, so we will be going each night. If you can't see everything, here are my selected highlights:

Friday, February 22, 2013
Hell Drivers 9:00 PM
I love blue collar, truck driving Noir films, and this one has a stellar supporting cast including Patrick McGoohan, Herbert Lom, and a very young Sean Connery.

Saturday, February 23, 2013
Sunset Boulevard - 6:45 PM
One of the darkest movies about Hollywood ever made and one of Billy Wilder's best. The restored movie will be shown as a 4000dpi digital projection. I'm very curious to see what the host Eddie Mullar has to say about showing a digital movie at Noir City.

Repeat Performance - 9:15 PM
Described as a "noir version of It's a Wonderful Life". The picture begins with a woman shooting her husband, but as she starts to confess the preceding year begins again. Sounds more like a Noir "Groundhog Day"!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Noir in 3D!
Man in the Dark 7:00 PM & Inferno 9:00 PM
Both of these movies were made during the 3D craze of the '50's. I especially want to see Infreno which has been unavailable in any form for a number of years. 3D prints of these films will be shown and I'm dying to see what the "Noir City" 3D glasses look like.

Noir City Bonus:
Not part of the festival directly, but SIFF will be showing Alfred Hitchcock's "Dial M for Murder" in the original 3D presentation on March 1-3. Not only is this one of Tenuki's favorite films, but Noir City pass holders get in for free! I can guarantee that we will be going to at least one showing.

If anyone is interested, we will be in our vintage duds having cocktails at The Tin Lizzie Lounge around 5:30 on Saturday before going to the show. Feel free to drop by have have a belt before watching Norma Desmond get ready for her 4K digital closeup.

See ya at the movies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana