Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOS Allen Edmonds Brown Broadstreets

moustache

Practically Family
I had posted some photos of my new Broadstreets as part of another thread but thought since that subject was "spectators",i would start a new one relating to Broadstreets. Last week i "won" the aution on ebay for a pair of Allen Edmonds Broadstreets in brown. They were New old stock in the box in my size:9.5 So I didn't want to lose them.

Here are some photos I'd love to share:

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

15.jpg

9.jpg

I sent the info in an email to Allen Edmonds in hopes of locating the date of manufacture and they did not disappoint. According to the inside of the shoe's numbers,they were made in 1989.
So they have been sitting in some warehouse of closet for almost 20 years.
And they can't be in any better shape.
And now that they have been discontinued,finding them like this might be difficult.

Jim

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Broadstreets

B'streets are now redundant so there is even more reason to buy them. Why they would be dropped by AEs after being a staple and probably one of the nicest spectators ever... is remarkable.[huh] AEs have difficulty getting their act together and even some of their Italian range like the Stantons are way better looking than a lot of the USA produced models they push out interminably. Of say a possible 100% of new models that are put out I reckon AEs would be unlikely to get more than 40% as keepers and when they get a good model they either cancel it or make it unavailable in enough sizes or colours (eg the Park Ave standard shoe).

The ironic thing is that they are a wonderfully comfortable and well made shoe for the price. Yet they have design problems. Their website pix are a disaster and often give the wrong impression of the style of the shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points