Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOS Sears Fieldmaster Steerhide Bomber Jacket Size 42

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Very nice and very tempting.

It's the best condition vintage leather jacket I've ever seen. It's my chest size, but it's 1.5" short in the sleeve. Hopefully, someone it fits will see it on the Lounge and buy it.

too much coffee

Practically Family
You're so right Joel; super steerhide jacket.
That thing has hardly ever been worn. Put the zoom on it and you can see where the black color is turning through age. Give this thing some hard and serious wear and the patina that it develops is going to be amazing.
Great find for a size 42 guy!

coffee

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
You know, 22.25-inch pit to pit (esp. with that lining) is a decent fit for a size 40. I have a Slim-Fit 30's Half Belt on order in size 38 and the standard Aero pit-to-pit for that jacket is 22-inches. I'm giving serious thought to buying this jacket, but I'm really not a black leather jacket guy and wonder if it would get much wear.

D

Deleted member 16736

You know, 22.25-inch pit to pit (esp. with that lining) is a decent fit for a size 40. I have a Slim-Fit 30's Half Belt on order in size 38 and the standard Aero pit-to-pit for that jacket is 22-inches. I'm giving serious thought to buying this jacket, but I'm really not a black leather jacket guy and wonder if it would get much wear.

The ad says black, but the pictures make it look dark brown. Maybe email the seller and ask.

too much coffee

Practically Family

Grayland...........I understand your apprehension about a black leather jacket. That jacket on Ebay if worn with blue jeans and black heavy engineer boots may throw off an image one does not want to project. However, same jacket worn with brown, tan or even olive colored slacks or pressed Dockers with a black shined low top dress shoe would look fine, IMO.

Tony Soprano pulled it off quite successfully.

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:

CBM

New in Town
A really cool jacket, too bad it was too small for me.

Here's a picture from a 1963 Sears catalog that also was for sale:

Searscatalog1963Fieldmaster.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

I think that's the same jacket. Note the lining and cuffs. Nice catch. Later than I thought.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Whoever got it, got a great jacket. I have the exact same model except mines horsehide. It's super comfortable and fits great. Here's the pics.
KGrHqNhkE5ofIn5dBOjRjlorF_3.jpg

KGrHqZjE6IiDP93BOjRjryon_3.jpg

In fact I just put it away for the summer, with that lining it's too warm to wear now.

fedoralover

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I won It !
its a time capsule jacket for sure & perfect fit
the hide is surprisingly soft i was expecting something stiffer.
Too hot to wear though. I have around 20 HH jackets 3 Aero & the rest vintage..
Seems when the time comes this will get some good use. Due to me liking the softer leather.
& the Lining is cherry....
Oh Yea its identical to your HH & the old sears ad
I have a similar sears in Black HH but without the shoulder epaulets & the pockets are identical to a Aero Deluxe Half belt
same fit & cut & lining but i changed the lining to a red (warmback) fabric

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

I won It !
its a time capsule jacket for sure & perfect fit
the hide is surprisingly soft i was expecting something stiffer.
Too hot to wear though. I have around 20 HH jackets 3 Aero & the rest vintage..
Seems when the time comes this will get some good use. Due to me liking the softer leather.
& the Lining is cherry....
Oh Yea its identical to your HH & the old sears ad
I have a similar sears in Black HH but without the shoulder epaulets & the pockets are identical to a Aero Deluxe Half belt
same fit & cut & lining but i changed the lining to a red (warmback) fabric

Congrats. Snap a picture if you can.

Peacoat

Bartender
Congratulations. Yes, please post some pictures of your wearing the jacket. It is a jacket I would have liked to have had, but it was too small for me. Plus you posted the link and it was clear you were probably going to bid on it. In seeing your pictures, I can experience it vicariously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff