Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not bad for a huge Dobbs

Latest acquisition:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:11&Item=8346683179
Of course they measured wrong and the hat could use some felt hat cleaner but for that price in that size I will take it. :p Just goes to show you that the larger sizes are available for a decent price if you are willing to wait for the right one to come up. Maybe there just aren't as many 7 5/8 people out there as I thought. :p Probably not though. :kick:

Regards to all,

J

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
I had that one on my watch list, but...

I have several grey hats already and with the moth divot, I just didn't bid. Of course I had just won this one last week and am waiting for delivery.
eBay #7190868885. It looks like it is just crying out to be re-creased into a C-crown. :cool:

Dave Keith said:
I have several grey hats already and with the moth divot, I just didn't bid. Of course I had just won this one last week and am waiting for delivery.
eBay #7190868885. It looks like it is just crying out to be re-creased into a C-crown. :cool:

I am sure that moth divot is scheduled for a disappearing act soon. ;)
Your new hat looks like it will be in pretty good shape. Probably a little steam and presto its a fedora. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
I'm glad that your new hat found a knowledgeable and happy home! The appearance of 7 5/8 and above hats seems to run in spurts on eBay. Sometimes I don't see any, then there will be several at once. Feast or famine.

Your tip about patience is right on the money, though. I have to curb my enthusiasm lest I bid in the heat of hat lust :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot