Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not so happy experience with Vanson repair

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Dude, you haven't posted a single thing that made sens in this entire thread, you are digging your own hole...
Go out, have a breath of fresh air, think about what you have done, come back later...
Know what.. you might be rite..
I had Umbilical Hernia surgery yesterday morning.. Hurts like a SOB…
All the years of going to the gym , climbing trees , lifting heavy logs etc. Probably has something to to with it and possibly my mood today…

Last edited:

Rich22

Practically Family
To be honest, TREEMAN's posts veered from offensive to merely humorous. Dude, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you usually post coherently and don't insult everyone, so lay off the alcohol, ease back on the meds, and have a little nap.

Who are you kidding? You love to jump on the bandwagon to go after me .. once the Poser starts in your not far behind.

I really do apologize if that's the impression you got. I can't even recall whenever was this the case but if it was, it wasn't intentional.

Same as Rich, I almost always liked your straightforward & to the point posts, as un-polite as they occasionally came across so I'm definitely not jumping on any kind of wagons here.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed. The shoe repair shop will do repairs to my stuff for $2. If I have a low key repair, I use them all the time.

my guy is fantastic! I’m talking loose stitches, etc. he shored up my Westbury at the hem and pocket piping beautifully. Charged me $2 (cash only) and I had no cash on me. He told me “next time” and let me walk. So the last thing I had home do, another popped cuff seam, I gave him $20. He’s an old school cobbler, been there forever and well regarded for his work. Theodore shoe repair on Damen just south of Lawrence.
Not sure he’d want to take on the stuff I ask of Dena, but I’m sure he could. I’ve had to stand in line to get in his shop. That about says it all.
I have had my local cobbler change zippers on my Aero and other high end jackets- never a single issue and did a great job. I supplied the zipper and he charged me $20.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I definitely live in the wrong time zone. I was snoozing and snoring away while all this crazy Sh#t was going down here, just now catching up drinking my morning coffee. Seems like everything has calm down a bit.
@TREEMAN aside from this thread, I agree with your cryptic posts a lot of the time and they often make me chuckle whether I agree or not. Stop calling people posers. After all this is a forum where men get together to look at each other’s jackets. What the hell is it about if not posing?

roadking04

Practically Family
Get well soon Tree. It sucks getting old. lol. We have to pay for all the heavy stuff we lifted when we were younger. The older you get, the smarter you have to work. Be careful with the pain meds, they made me a little loopy. And I still agree with you, the new comp. weight SUCKS ASS. lol.

whataboutalifetime

Familiar Face
Updates here. The modified jacket and refund are received. The work is good and I can figure out the main expense in this modification. The waist panel is fully replaced with a new one that has no stiffener, although I'm not sure the reason behind this act. The stitchings are good and nothing else to mention. And I think I can call this a happy ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points