Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not sure where to ask this...Men's Attire?

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
I am making a satin wiggle skirt and 40's style blouse to go out this weekend..also a hat of course! We are going to a burlesque show in a cozy itailian cafe. My husband always like to look nice but also fit my style and we are having a hard time figuring out what he should wear. He wants something more to the time period but he doesn't want to wear a suit( all I see in my 40/50's catalogs). Do your men dress to match you and if so what do they wear? What would they wear if you were wearing what I am wearing? HELP!....LOL...If I'm going to have to sew him something up I need time....LOL.....

THANKS!!!!
Goodie

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A 'wiggle skirt' as I have learned it, is a skirt where the opening for the legs is cut smaller than the hips creating a ( ) look. Very vamp ;)

LD

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
Thanks for the help Lady Day. My skirt I guess isn't a wiggle then more like a very long pencil with 6 buttons down the front off centered. I'm making it as we speak! I'll send pics if it turns out.

As for high waisted pants & a sports shirt. I guess I won't find those in time, He does have a nice sports type shirt with the thick band down one side. I call it his "Ricky Ricardo" shirt. His nice pants should be a good match..I am welcome to more ideas though everyone!

THANKS!!!!

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Does he have the guts to wear an ascot?
ascot6.jpg

They are really swank and easy to make. Perhaps you could sew one from the same fabric as your skirt.

An ascot is also very comfortable. My guess is he doesn't want to wear a suit because he wants to relax and be comfortable.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
If you can get your hands on a nice vintage flap pocket sports shirt like this in any color:
fd8e_1.JPG

He can wear it with any nice dress slacks and have a great vintage look. The best part is, he does'nt even have to tuck his shirt in!

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
OOh, i love the hollywood jacket idea..mainly because I LOVE LUCY!!!! and Ricky was always so handsome. I saw a jacket in the thread that looked just like something he wore. Now if I could just whip one up by saturday, I don't know if thats happening and EBAY is a little light on them right now. hmmm....I'll get on the search!

THANKS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24