Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing better than a New Hat to cheer a person up!

Razzman

One Too Many
I had some serious surgery the middle of December. After my stay in the hospital I returned home for Christmas. Although very uncomfortable Christmas was great with all the family around. I've only been able to peek here and there on the Lounge. My son gave me an Akubra Campdraft in mid brown for Christmas. On Christmas morning I opend a card which showed the order and he explained to me the three month wait. (which I was already aware). So I was bummed out even more. To my surprise the postman left a card to pick-up a package. This happened on New Year's Eve. Of course we couldn't get it because of a severe snow storm here in Massachusetts. So it wasn't until Yesterday that my son picked-up the package. I was quite surprised it arrived so quickly, no explanation from Everything Australian. Anyway it's a very nice lid. Quite stiff and the felt in the crown to me is quite thick. Here are some pics right out of the box and then with a quick hand crease. I haven't tried any steam yet. It's a 7 1/4 or 58, but it fits a bit large. I'm going to have to get some foam strips I think. I'm quite pleased with it. What do you think?
razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Razz.....

Looks great Razz, I love the color and the ribbon is definitely you, congrats and wear it in good health.

I hope everything went well for you, I wish you the best, good to have you posting again. ;)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Very nice. I like seeing Campdrafts in a different color than fawn from time to time. You probably won't need steam to shape, just some patience. Play with the crown some dry. Bash and unbash it several times, without any sharp creases. It will soften the felt a bit.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Feel better soon! That mid brown looks great!...Remember to add picks to the Akubra Overload thread also!...Especially one on yer head!:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
A very nice gift

Razzman, I really like the color of that mid-brown. It'll be nice to see it when you can get outside. Here's wishing you a swift recovery. Carter

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen. It's been three weeks since the surgery. Recouperating is such a slow procell. I do feel better physically, however there are certain complications to deal with. I will post pictures wearing the hat as soon as I'm able.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I just wanted to say that the sentiment expressed in the title of this topic is certainly true!

A new hat is something that always cheers me up.

rrog

A-List Customer
Those Campdrafts are looking better and better. I like the color of that one Razzman. And I wish you a speedy recovery.

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic