Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but stetson ads

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
StetsonAirlift.jpg

stetsonboss2.jpg

stetsonboss.jpg

stetson19.jpg

stetson29.jpg

stetson9.jpg

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up

In line with the trend toward carefully studied casualness -- the nonchalance is blocked in...

1940StetsonAd.jpg

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some of these ads bring back to me in waves the kind of style, mindset and culture that my cohorts and I were desperate to escape as teenagers in the 1960s. There is an air of conventionality that became pervasive then, which the Baby Boomers changed starting around 1964. The culture was oppressive, at least it seemed so to we youth. But now, with the distance of time, I can separate better the styles of the day from the oppressive conventionality, and by doing that understand better the interesting side of the times, rather than just try to move in the other direction as in the 1960s.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
1934 - note the featured taper and, new to me, the mention of the Mity-Lite.
stetsonmanor1934.jpg

I wish these two were larger.

B4dGEewEGkKGrHqMOKjsEyN8Lzf8GBMp8bLjg1g_12.jpg

1969JohnWayneStetson.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
My framed copy of the famous Stetson Whippet ad, hanging in my home office. It's cut from a magazine dated October 1st, 1949. (I purchased the page from eBay -- I had no part in the actual destruction of the magazine.)

rlk

I'll Lock Up

Great catalog ads! They were pioneering geneticists with the Nutria Beaver. Lots of fuzzy and velour options. Reinforcing my feeling that years surrounding 1920 were the "peak" of crown elevation.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Thanks, Jimmy. I BIN'ed it from the 'bay, and then went out to buy the frame and mat from a craft store that was closing. Just so happened to nail the color of the mat with the hat's color. The whole set-up cost me less than $30, and it makes a great addition to the otherwise mundane cream walls of my home-office-in-progress turned-walk-in-hat-closet. Gonna need to build myself a rig like you did. ;)

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic