Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Who'da Thunk ???

sixties.nut

Well today I was supposed to have in my grubby paws a genuine CWU-45/P jacket straight from clothing sales. As it turns out, they don't offer it for sale at clothing sales period! Not even at retail prices. P. Me. Off. too!!!! They claimed it 'HAS to be ISSUED'. Aint that something ?

So I got on the tellerfone today and ordered one from gibson-barnes instead. The lady claimed it was a good product better quality than the ones usually seen around, the product I ordered was made by them. I had specifically mentioned that the usual makes I'd seen from others looked as though the polyfill batting slipped down off the shoulders towards the bottom hem.

Kind of looked flimsy at the top and bulky at the waist. So now I'll have to wait for it to come in before I can tell if anyone would like to know how I make out with it. If it has any merit at all, I'll probably to back to them and get my G-1 from there too. I lucked out an came across a used G-1 but won't know the condition of it until I have it in hand if it does pan out.

I'm pretty sure I'll still want a brand new G-1 just the same but I'll have a better idea on the size to get from this one anyways. Just the same the hunt is still on, Hoping not to be a collector of yet another hobby!

All the Best,
Mike

Peacoat

Bartender
Careful, these addictions are easy to start and hard to stop. My advice is to just say no. Don't buy that first A-2, G-1, CW-45 or Peacoat, and you should make it through life OK.

Fiver64

Practically Family
what the heck.........

May as well give in to temptation! You'd only piss away the cash saved on expensive booze and cheap women........or vice-versa!

Grinder

New in Town
Fiver64 said:
May as well give in to temptation! You'd only piss away the cash saved on expensive booze and cheap women........or vice-versa!

Expensive booze is a lot cheaper than expensive women in the long run - trust me on this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara