Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nylon Junkie L2B's

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a source for L2B jackets? Have seen Alpha currently sell them made in China. Has anyone purchased one of these? Comments? Looking for something to fit a 46" chest, period originals come up a bit small.

Hi Folks,Does anyone know of a source for L2B jackets? Have seen Alpha currently sell them made in China. Has anyone purchased one of these? Comments? Looking for something to fit a 46" chest, period originals come up a bit small.
There was a guy here "johnnyjohnny" I think that posted lots of stuff on these types of jackets. I've seen Alphas in the flesh, and for the cheap price, they're fine. Keep looking though. Find an XL or 48 on eBay and it should work.

Edward

Bartender
For a 46, sounds like you'd need an XXL. I'm a 42/44, and an XL in these is snug. I've not tried the current Alphas. The old Alpha Replica Series from the early 90s were superb; I have one of the B15s, and wish I could find an L2A and B in that in my size. They do turn up, but only in smaller sizes usually. I have one of the 90s Vintage Series version - not as accurate in colour, or labelling, etc, but still nice. Buzz Rickson do some beautiful repros, but I cant bring myself to spend A2 money on what is essentially a nylon windbreaker...

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Guys,

Have just tracked down and ordered a NOS Alpha L2B made in USA (sage with orange lining). It's the last XL in the shop (hope it fits). Absolutely love my Alpha vintage series MA1 & B15, just need the XL L2B to complete the set..keeping my eyes peeled on evil-bay. Purchased a Buzz L2 (after emptying my piggy bank) even the 46 XXL came up very small, though great quality..soon moved it on. Spiewak have produced some good L2s, found one in XL last year, great shape & generous cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner