Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama and the tie.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Obama always looks smartly dressed and well put-together. He dresses right for the occassion.

The Anne Liebowitz shoot for Men's Vogue showed him wearing different ties.

Washington Post even mentioned the ties in its piece on the article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/10/AR2006081001857.html

Granted, Obama likes playing hoops so I imagine he doesn't wear a tie while doing that. I mean, even Nixon didn't wear a tie while bowling.

nixon_bowling.gif

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
It's funny the article says that, because in every photo or video I've seen of him so far, he wears a tie.

In any case, people erroneously credit Kennedy with the death of the hat. That's something to chew on.

Actually, Obama and Kennedy had some contact early on and secretly agreed to eliminate hats and ties from men's dress attire. Kennedy took care of the hat and...well, one can see from this photo how Barack felt about ties even back in 1960.

04tmate.gif

Atticus

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
Or do you mean the Beau Brummel-type neckwear? I kid you not, those are ripe for a return. (They never really went away; the "Ascot" being the modern variant.)

bk

Maybe I ought to start growing my sideburns just in case! lol

MrDarcy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran