Obama's leather jacket.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by AdeeC, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

I'll dare say that particular jacket is made to fit like that, not purchased 2 sizes too large

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

Looked to me like a Highwayman type boxy cut, though I can see what Butte means about the collar being wide. I wonder if it's *actually* what the Mail said it is, or if that's just a lookalike.

3. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Yep, somebody fixin' to be hurt.

Worf likes this.
  4. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Maybe Michelle traded in that Tiffany box for a nice jacket for hubby? ;)

oneterrifichog and EmergencyIan like this.
  5. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Most of these kind of articles they don't tend to bother if its the right item or not, tends to be paid sponsorship 'similar' items. A quick search and none of the jackets of that brand have any similar details, they look to use a different style of zipper pull.

That said the guy who wrote this piece seems to have written several other articles on this brand so he either has insider info ...or just gets paid to write articles which get the brand a mention in them.

Edward likes this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'd take the second option. Associated News' flagship organ is not often known to be on nodding terms with anything much resembling quality journalism. Or the truth. Or basic humanity.

l0fielectronic likes this.
  7. JVanBro

JVanBro Familiar Face

I've been curious as to what jacket it is since seeing the article. Hopefully an accurate identification soon.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

8. morrison2951

morrison2951 A-List Customer

Hey, at least he tries to look cool in leather! :)

9. John Lever

John Lever One Too Many

Some fashion 'expert' recently said that men past 50 should never ever wear leather. ....that's me out then.

ProteinNerd, Edward and bn1966 like this.
  10. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Yeah, that's 5 seconds of your life you should demand back. Maybe he meant "leather". Not a hobby I got into...

El Marro likes this.
  11. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I read somewhere over 50's mustn't wear Black leather jackets...don't know what I'm doing thinking of ordering a Black Hartmann :)

El Marro likes this.
  12. AdeeC

AdeeC Practically Family

That expert won't last long if he posted here.

Ribdoner, El Marro, Feraud and 2 others like this.
  13. AdeeC

AdeeC Practically Family

14. lovegd

lovegd New in Town

Nice looking jacket; it does suit him well.

15. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

16. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Theres a photo here with a good view of the zip pulls and whole jacket. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there are photos of him wearing this dating back to 2013.

17. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

The Daily Mail thinks otherwise...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-wife-Emilie-Livingston-33-casual-stroll.html

Although I'm the first to say "tuck in your shirt, Mr. Goldblum!" (In general, he looks pretty good at 63.)​

All kidding aside, I think Obama looks great in that jacket. And I always respect it when a guy has a favorite leather jacket that he's been wearing for years.

18. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Feraud likes this.
  19. Edward

Edward Bartender

"I was cheerfully laughing at the Obama photos when I realised I was wearing black Levi's, a zip-up hoodie, a polka-dot scarf and a fluorescent silver cycling jacket."

I rather think the author has - by his own cheerfully honest admission - negated the opinion he expresses, no?

(He's totally right about short trousers, of course.)

The bit that amuses me is the refernec to a "vest", when he discusses the undershirt. This gives away it's coming from a UK perspective, which certainly seems to mean a very different viewpoint than common in the US. Over here, wearing an undershirt has long been considered geeky and naff, something your mother made you do as a child to stay warm in Winter. I'm not bothered; I just msile pleasantly at the guys who express this notion, while bwing the one who doesn't spend the Summer months with my shirt sticking to me uncomfortably. :)

20. Alz

Alz One of the Regulars

I agree with what Lofielectronic says. I am Italian and did my search in tongue but any Canaly jacket like that popped up on Google images. And in some way I would say that's a "strange" model for a top brand as Canali. Anyway, Canali or not, Obama still is a very cool man.