Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offering Free Candid Photos of WW2 Japan

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
We’ve inherited some candid photos from my In-laws of post-surrender Japan. We’ve culled out the one of my Father-in-Law to keep, but that leaves a good deal left over. I absolutely hate throwing away old photos, so I refuse to do that – but figure there might be a WW2 aficionado who might appreciate owning the pics themselves and will get a lot more out of them than my desk drawer will.

All I know about my Father-in-Law’s service is that he was in the Sea Beas and “helped build air strips in the Pacific”. He wrote on this envelope “WW2 Japan” so it seems he went there too after Japan surrendered.

There’s 65 or so of them, they’re very small prints (2.25 x 3, some larger or smaller) – but if you scan them you can get amazing detail out of them.

Here’s a few examples :
resting soldier.jpg
soldiers and local kids.jpg
Japanese soldiers.jpg

I will mail them all to whoever is the first person to PM me with their address!

I just want them to have a good home with someone who understands the historical context and significance. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy