Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL US NAVY ISSUE COOPER G-1 JACKET QUESTION

DIMITRIS PAPPAS

New in Town
Hello everybody !
I am new to the forum and have decided to use the knowledge of the older and more experienced users in order to determine whether a Cooper G-1 Jacket i have located is a GENUINE NAVY ISSUE jacket or a CIVILIAN reproduction ! The thing that got me wondering in the first place is the label which just reads COOPER and is plain black, not the same with the white ones of the NAVY ISSUED jackets.
G-1-Cooper-Leather-Flight-Jacket-USCG-USMC-_57.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
A civilian repro.

Welcome to the Lounge. There are a bunch of threads here discussing the G-1 and other military flight jackets. Use the search feature, or simply do a manual search by scrolling through the back pages. PC

DIMITRIS PAPPAS

New in Town
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for the quick response and for the info as well ! Do you happen to know where I could source a Cooper or an Excelled OFFICIAL NAVY ISSUE G-1 jacket ? Is ebay a great place to search for such an item ?
Best Regards

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for the quick response and for the info as well ! Do you happen to know where I could source a Cooper or an Excelled OFFICIAL NAVY ISSUE G-1 jacket ? Is ebay a great place to search for such an item ?
Best Regards
eBay is probably the best place to search for such a jacket. The last time I looked there were a lot of Cooper G-1s available and unless you are on especially small or large size you should be able to find one easily.
I suspect the jacket you posted was not an actual issue jacket because it does not have the white DLA or SPO tag attached.

dannyk

One Too Many
Hello everybody !
I am new to the forum and have decided to use the knowledge of the older and more experienced users in order to determine whether a Cooper G-1 Jacket i have located is a GENUINE NAVY ISSUE jacket or a CIVILIAN reproduction ! The thing that got me wondering in the first place is the label which just reads COOPER and is plain black, not the same with the white ones of the NAVY ISSUED jackets.
G-1-Cooper-Leather-Flight-Jacket-USCG-USMC-_57.jpg
I have an official Navy Star in size 36 Im looking to sell. You can message me if interested. If not Good luck with your search and welcome to the family!

DIMITRIS PAPPAS

New in Town
I have an official Navy Star in size 36 Im looking to sell. You can message me if interested. If not Good luck with your search and welcome to the family!
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for the offer ! I just came into contact with Excelled themselves and found what I am looking for ! Thank you everybody for saving me from a catastrophic mistake !

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for the offer ! I just came into contact with Excelled themselves and found what I am looking for ! Thank you everybody for saving me from a catastrophic mistake !
There's no doubt it would have been a catastrophic mistake. On the other hand, from the photos I've seen, Cooper's military jackets don't appear much different than their civilian jackets, so maybe it might not have been catastrophic after all.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am always happy when I can help avert a catastrophe!
Having said that, I think that Doctor Damage is correct that the jacket you were looking at is probably very similar in every way to the actual issue Cooper jacket.

DIMITRIS PAPPAS

New in Town
Hello again
I discovered something i was suspicious about (EXCELLED does not offer their DSCP jackets to civilians) and the result is that i am on the market again for a size 38 Regular fit (NOT LONG) GENUINE Navy Issue Excelled G-1 jacket that is in brand new and unused condition ! I understand that what i am requesting is quite rare but please let me know in case you have something suitable available ! Lastly please be aware that the item will have to be shipped to Greece ! Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk