Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oily hair....

EvenOdd

New in Town
I just read this post and I think the Conditioner Only method may work for me. I used to use Head & Shoulders and a regular shampoo every day. The H&S is required since I get dandruff. I would use the second shampoo because at the end of the day my hair would be oily, so it will delay that result.

My hair is really dry right after a shower. It frizzes up like crazy, and even a normal amount of hairgel wouldn't keep it down. If I shower in the morning, I feel like a mess that day. I usually shower at night, so it's frizzy right before bed, and ok when I wake up.

I learned over shampooing can be drying, which results in overcompensating oil secretion. I figured that was my case. Dry after shower, oily after 24 hours. I cut back to just dandruff shampoo and I think it's working out. It's really dry in the beginning, but is nice at the end. It'd be nice to have my hair stay cool after a shower, so I think I'll give this CO method a try.

Thanks for the links, all.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
Rainbow said:
Help......what can I do about my oily hair? I can wash it and 2 hrs. later it's oily, that's even without using conditioner. My hair is very fine. Maybe I need an alcohol-based mousse or something. I would love to have your input. I hope this hasn't already been posted somewhere.
try mixing a bit of baking soda in your shampoo and condition ends only :)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
here is a page with some other ideas

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/47/101.cfm

and -most- hair brands including things like Herbal Essenses have an oily hair shampoo, so take a look at the store next time you are in there and just read labels...

thanks for the link, found some great ideas!

@ Conditioner Only Washing:

How does your scalp gets cleaned with this method I wonder????
I always thought this method doesn´t work on oily hair!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I have oily hair also

I tried the CO method and it made my hair feel weird. It looked clean but it felt unclean.

I wash my hair every 2 days and use Dove Cucumber. Love the smell. I have used oily hair shampoo before. I think one was from Aveda. It worked but it was pricey.

I also noticed if I have a lot of layers in the hair cut, my hair feels thinner and gets oilier faster. When I had less layers my hair stayed nicer for a couple days longer.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
hmmm maybe the hair needs some time to get used to this method?
I think you should give it some time!
I will try C/O washing too because somehow my hair gets oily very quick at the moment

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
Goldfish said:
thanks for the link, found some great ideas!

@ Conditioner Only Washing:

How does your scalp gets cleaned with this method I wonder????
I always thought this method doesn´t work on oily hair!

you should try guhl's zitronenmelisse shampoo, it's abot 5 eur, but a small bottle will last you forever (or at least a few weeks ;) ).i love this company, they make great stuff and you can find them in most drogaries, i used to buy at rossmann's.

Fleur de vanité

New in Town
I wouldn't say I have oily hair nor do I have dry hair,and it definitely isn't normal.

I shampoo my hair only once a week and if I feel it looks too dirty then I will deep condition it. Also,when I style my hair and use a ceramic straightening iron I notice the next day and days after that my hair looks greasy,which I fix by sprinkling a little bit of baby powder on the palm of my hand then I pour that onto my large paddle brush and brush only the roots.

I never really trusted those shampoos made specifically for oily hair types or dry/damaged hair,they never did fix my hair problems.

I've also used apple cidar vinegar to help with oily hair and it really does help!

I pour some in a bowl with a tad bit of warm water to dilute and cover my hair in it,I let that sit on my hair for about 10 minutes to soak in and I rinse with warm water for about 5 minutes to ensure all of the ACV is out of my hair then finally I run cold water through my hair to remove the scent of the ACV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran