Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Aero A2 jacket (size 36, brown,unknown hide)

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Testing waters for this old Aero A2 from Japan. Bought during the Summer of 2020 off of eBay. The jacket is in good wearable condition.

Price: PayPal FF $250 plus shipping within CONUS.

Willing to ship overseas? Maybe but I've never done that before and shipping might be expensive for prospective buyer

Reason for selling: I've been working out regularly and the shoulders/armholes are getting too tight for me. I can only wear a tshirt with it, anything thicker and it will be too snug.

Unknown hide and year of manufacture (probably early 80s made of buffalo according to other forum members)
It's been worn a lot, it's fully broken it. It's very grainy and has a nice medium hand, it's relatively midweight leather.
The leather color is mixed medium brown and russet in some areas. There are some discoloration especially in the back but I think it adds a lot of character.
The leather is not perfect there are some scratches and worn out areas but no big cracking or rot. I just conditioned it with bick #4.
No bad smell or mold noted. Pet free and smoke free home.
The hardware is all working fine, the main zipper is a talon #5, all the snaps work, the neck hook closure (dunnonwhat it's called) is working too.
The knits on the sleeves/waist band have some noticeable wear.
The lining also has some wear on heavy contact points.

Measurements
Shoulder (measured across shoulder seam to shoulder seam) is 16"
Chest (measured across pit to pit) is 20"
Waist (measured across button snaps of the front pocket) is 19 3/8"
Bottom Hem (measured across bottom of leather waist band) is 18.25"
Bottom knit (measured across bottom of the knit waist band)is 17.5"
Total Back length (measured from collar seam to bottom knits) is 23 3/8"
Sleeve length (around the sleeves from shoulder seam to end of sleeve) just about 24"
Armhole (top of shoulder seam to underarm seam) is 8.5"
Waist band and sleeve knit is about 2 3/8"

Photos:
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
I just saw this and was definitely tempted, guess I was just a little late. Don’t forget you have a 5’7 135lb friend here who also can never find jackets his size. And you were right the discoloration, wear spots, etc...make it have more character.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I just saw this and was definitely tempted, guess I was just a little late. Don’t forget you have a 5’7 135lb friend here who also can never find jackets his size. And you were right the discoloration, wear spots, etc...make it have more character.

Yes, I posted it a while back here and it got sold on eBay. I hope I don't get ripped off like the horror stories I read here before. If it fit me better I would have loved to keep the jacket because of how beautiful the hide is but my shoulders and armhole won't let me keep it. I hear you, I still have black Aero levis ruff and ready for sale. Depends on how the cordovan premier hwm fits me, I may move brown cxl JL.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yes, I posted it a while back here and it got sold on eBay. I hope I don't get ripped off like the horror stories I read here before. If it fit me better I would have loved to keep the jacket because of how beautiful the hide is but my shoulders and armhole won't let me keep it. I hear you, I still have black Aero levis ruff and ready for sale. Depends on how the cordovan premier hwm fits me, I may move brown cxl JL.
I’ve never sold on eBay. I’ve bought a few and always worked out. But definitely some horror stories out there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto