Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Fort MacArthur Days.

Wild Root

Gone Home
ftmac5pb.jpg

Here's a photo of my self and two friends of mine. I hung out with some good friend this past weekend at Fort MacArthur for their annual July event. It was much fun to see all the other history buffs in time periods from the Roman times to Vietnam!

My two friends here are with a WWII Nurse group who go to battle reenactments here in California. To my right is my friend Catharine who is wearing an original WWII U.S.M.C Uniform and to the left of me is her older sister, Laura who is sporting an original WWII Wave uniform! I am in my original WWII Enlisted class "A's" with a 5th Air Force patch you can't see in this photo. I had just bought that enlisted cap I have on and wanted to remember the moment with them!

Enjoy!

Root.

PS. I moved this from Events to WWII seeing that this event is over and is about WWII Reenacting.

Matt Deckard said:
That revolutionary war soldier in the background is what really makes the picture.

Kind of like stepping into the Twilight Zone with all the soldiers from different time periods. ;)
I think Root would look good in a tricorn. :p
Be careful walking around in that uniform Root. I understand they need a few soldiers to meet their quota. Looks like you fit the bill and are ready for action. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Hondo

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
That revolutionary war soldier in the background is what really makes the picture.

Yeah let him have his fun, That was a hoot-man! ;) Root still looks cool, myself here is trying to slim down to find tunic/coat that fits, the ladies are fantastic :cheers1:
I hope you all had a great time, geez hanger dances are the place to be.
Carry on Root, way cool.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You for get!

Obviously you didn’t notice the Sergeant stripes!

I was also known as a 2nd Lieutenant of the mighty 8th from time to time.

No, I would only help out over there if they were still flying B-17’s. :p

Thank you to all for the kind words.

Root.

PS. Any one remember this outfit? Yeah, I can do Officer!

pinksgreens3copy8dz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy