Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
1946a1d5290861907766034685f45c15.jpg

Rob

Studebaker!
A car that had the rear...

Rear.jpg

almost looking like the front!
front.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Not quite a split-window Corvette (somebody was on their game the day they designed that Vette), but a fun looking car nonetheless. Any car-guys (in the non-gender sense) know what it is?

Edit Add: Oops, should have read to the end of the thread (had to flip forward a page) before posting to see that Commissioner 2jakes had already answered.

Mr. Fade , I can tell you from experience
that the rear window "sleeping compartment" on the Stude were not as comfortable as my father's Pontiac. ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ahhhh, the big dip sticks for the tanks. That's a severe sense memory for me -- you had to smear the end of each stick with a viscous purple cream stuff out of a little Vapo-Rub type jar before dropping the stick into the tank. The cream would turn red if there was water in the bottom of the tank, alerting you of the need to Deal With The Problem. I don't remember ever ordering any of that purple stuff, but it always seemed to be on hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner