Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
No gotta!
Screenshot_20201029-121530.png

Rob

LizzieMaine

Bartender

That's just down the road from my house. Building is still intact and presently houses a Verizon cellphone store. The company that built and originally ran it is still in business, and sells me my fuel oil.

image (1).png
(Opposite angle, but the houses visible in the first photo are still there as well. The trees, alas, are long gone.)

That's just down the road from my house. Building is still intact and presently houses a Verizon cellphone store. The company that built and originally ran it is still in business, and sells me my fuel oil.

View attachment 367324 (Opposite angle, but the houses visible in the first photo are still there as well. The trees, alas, are long gone.)

How neat, you can still see the roof of the original house off to the right.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It was still running in its original form as a gas station into the early 90s. The brand changed at some point from Sunoco to Gulf, with an appropriate paint job, but otherwise there was no alteration to the building at all until Verizon moved in. It's stucco over poured concrete, which must've been an interesting thing to see built.

My father, such as he was, even drove an oil truck for a brief while, for the company that ran it. Small, small world.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Circa 1958. Some kid named Jimi out front ...

View attachment 372191

That photo must have been reversed. It makes it look like he can play that guitar left-handed! ;)

If I remember right, I don't think he switched the strings around, either, so self-taught he learned to play it basically upside-down AND backwards? I may be wrong about that. His style of rock was not a strong interest of mine, but my goodness he could make a guitar talk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider