Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Grey

schwammy

Familiar Face
This is old grey. I bought it for $25 at an antique store in Hopkins, Minnesota. The felt was very lightweight. So much so, it wasn't long before I wore a hole in the front pinch. I miss Old Grey. I miss those sunglasses too. I lost them at the Minneapolis airport in 1999. Bummer.

gray_hat.jpg

Darek

New in Town
Excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by "wearing a hole in the front pinch"?
Thanks

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hole in the pinch

That refers to the improper handling of a hat...be it felt or straw. The pinch is NOT the place to hold the hat, nor put it on yur noggin.

Hold the hat by the front of the brim and the back.

Besides, the oily finger imparts dirt and grime to the felt or straw.

The front pinch as you know is a focal point to the problem. :(

schwammy

Familiar Face
Andykev, I have the largest hat size of anyone I know: somewhere between 7 5/8 (right on, mryonw!) and 7 3/4. Probably more like 7 3/4. The panama I bought last month was a 7 5/8, and I was amazed to find one that big, but I ended up having to take out the sweatband to get it to fit.

But, hey, if you're getting rid of hats, they can always be reblocked at a larger size. ;)

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by schwammy
...I have the largest hat size of anyone I know: somewhere between 7 5/8...and 7 3/4...

Let me introduce myself schwammy. Now you can't say that anymore! :cry:

Good luck on your search. (Great, now I have to compete with someone on the 7 3/4s...hoping I can stretch it up a size! :( )

David;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn