Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old-style hair...stuff...

Jerekson

One Too Many
I'd like to buy some old-style hair products. Tonic, goop, whatever. I want to start slicking my hair back, like this. (I know I've used this picture alot but it's the onyl good one I have to describe this...)
Lutso

I know that alot of you gents do your hair liek this, so what kind of products do you use?

Websites?

Thanks,
Jerekson

Salv

One Too Many
What you end up using will depend on how thick your hair is - the thicker your hair the thicker the gloop will need to be to control it. Pomades range from thin - such as Dax Super Light, Sweet Georgia Brown in the purple tin - to medium - Black & White - to thick - Sweet Georgia Brown in the blue tin and Murrays - with lots of variations in between. But have a read of the link that scotrace linked to and do a search in the Lounge for Murrays - that will give several more threads

mrbork

New in Town
Experimentation is the key

These guys are giving you really good advice; don't be afraid to experiment, and, most of all, don't be afraid to use more than one product simultaneously. Only you can find the right combination for your hair type, cut and the look you're after. My hair is really thin on top, thick on the sides, so I have to settle for a slick back. Vitalis, Groom&Clean and Murray's works for me; but you will probably have different results with your individual hair type and style. Good luck, and show us your results!

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
Murray's and a fine Ace comb...that's my final winning combination and my hair looks a lot like that now (it's curly, thick, and gets kinda wavy...but it retains that slick look that I believe you're looking for). I'm not sure what kind of hair you have, but Murray's Super Light works impeccably with straighter hair, as does Murray's Hair Glo if you hair is super fine. It all depends on your hair-type...but that look is not difficult to obtain at all. Just check out your local neighborhood beauty supply (if you can get over the fact that you're walking into a "beauty supply" lol) that carries ethnic-related products. You can also find some AWESOME after shaves, hair tonics, balms, etc. at these stores. This is my one-stop shop http://www.angelasbeautysupply.net/ Best of luck!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo