Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

Panadora

Practically Family
Got a new bike build on a second hand frame - a one off (shorter than normal) Bullitt cargo bike :cool:

IMG_1364s.jpg

IMG_1361s.jpg

IMG_1366s.jpg

green papaya

One Too Many
Flat tires back in the Golden era? less common than today?

I remember as a kid, I use to ride all over town and on the levees and back roads and I never got a flat tire? or it was not common

these days sometimes I might get 10 flat tires in the same day and run out of tire patches and spare inner tubes and have to walk back

and it's mostly from sharp thorns or goat heads, sometimes I ride on the shoulder of the road and get several stuck in my tire at the same time.

were tires and tubes made thicker back in the old days? it seems they make tires so thin and light to save weight, but it also has a higher chance on getting punctures.

Panadora

Practically Family
Thanks! It's quite utilitarian though and build with strong but mostly mundane parts.

But is this actually a cargo bike or a surfing device :rolleyes:

[video=vimeo;21863322]https://vimeo.com/21863322[/video]

Last edited:

Warden

One Too Many
Quick video clip of Harry taking part in the Tweed Run, London.

Just whizzing past Buckingham Palace

[video=youtube;nKbwlV_Hrn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbwlV_Hrn0[/video]

Highlander

A-List Customer
Here is one of me on my Road Bike (cannondale synapse) after a nice Hilly ride here in Hannibal McGregor Bike Aug 2013.jpg , and a photo of a few of our bikes (mine the one in the rear) at the local refreshment stop Java Bikes Medium.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
One of a ride on My Cannondale Adventure (usually used more on trails (we love the Katy Trail here in St Louis stretching almost to Kansas City) etc) in St. Louis a nice 25 mile ride through town Mural.JPG

Panadora

Practically Family
The box contained a little electric assistance for the bike.
And now with a more relaxed riding position.
IMG_1404%202.jpg

A wheel based on a Rohloff hub with internal gears are in the mail :cool:

Forgot I had this. The 1996 Summer Olympics, the torch made a trip through every state. This is when it came through town. The PD doesn't even use bikes any more.
CIMG0411.JPG

Thanks, dh. That was a pretty cool day. Since the Games were in Atlanta the Georgia Highway Patrol was responsible for security (Keepers of the Flame). BMW was the primary sponsor and you should have seen the motorcycles and cars they provided for the motorcade. Sweet.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cycle ride. English 'Peak District' Derbyshire. June 2015. Saxon 1938 Club Bike.
I've just shattered my collar bone two weeks ago on a road cycle. So with a metal plate now screwed in I'm off the cycling for at least 3 months (I'm told). But I've tried the turbo trainer, plus we're coming into winter here, it seems to be working out okay as far as 'good timing!'

image.jpg
image.jpg

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Just chipping in after several years away ... Paddy, hope you coping OK!

I'm thinking I need to post a couple of updates on here, after taking part in a couple of vintage bicycle tours in Normandy of late. And recording events on my grandfathers trusty 1950's 35mm camera.

I'll try and find time to do a little post presently ... Here are a couple of teasers though.

WAMO on 35mm by Mike, on Flickr

WAMO Cycle Tour of Normandy by Mike, on Flickr

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
It's nice up here Paddy, I'm lucky enough to ride in the Peak on a regular basis as its only 15 minutes ride away, tough luck on the collar bone, I shattered mine 15 years ago playing rugby, it was commutated and too smashed for anything to be done, it just eventually knitted back together...painful at times but it's been ok in the long term ,a bit of grief on damp cold days but nothing too much.....only real problem is a big lump on it and some distortion resulting in a dropped shoulder which means suit jackets off the peg can be troublesome as effectively one arm is longer than the other by around 3/8".

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The metal plate actually has given me a lot more 'stability' and strength in that area so it was a good move to have the operation. I can keep my fitness up via the turbo trainer in the garden shed!
Mike, those photos are marvellous and by all accounts a grand time was had by all in Northern France. Just sorry I couldn't make it this time (the joys of living so far North!!).

PS: Those photos of myself having cycled that evening up from Bakewell (uphills all the way!) to my little farmhouse field where I was camping, doesn't show just how 'knackered' I was as all but one of the three SA Gears were working by this point!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk