Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OOPS! I might have ruined new Bad Wolf Jacket!

Jaffa the Hat

New in Town
Thanks for all this positive feedback guys, it has all helped give me some peace of mind that I haven't damaged my new jacket. From now on I think I will stop tampering with it and just wear it as intended.

Jaffa

RayR

One of the Regulars
Just in case there's anybody following up on this Old Post five years later. You're lucky you just had a collar that was in need of reshaping. My bad wolf jacket was perfect except I ordered it about 1 inch shorter than I would prefer. That's something there's no way to fix, and bad wolf is lung out of business. I wish I could find someone selling a used one at this
On the other question of soaking the jacket. I bought a magnoli doctor who jacket which was terrible. The caller was actually sewn on upside down. It was the wrong leather and the wrong color, and one side of the collar was huge and one side was very small. I can't imagine how that got past anybody to be sent out. Magnoli acknowledged the problem and was good enough to replace the entire jacket, but it gave me a chance to experiment.
First I went over the entire brown jacket with acetone. I put it on wet and tried to get a lot of the brownout. This also made it possible for me to reshape the collar so that it was even on both sides. Of course there was no way to get the color flipped over so that the support stitching was underneath like it's supposed to be, I just had to live with that. Then I found good leather quality dye and Reed died the entire jacket in Black. It turned out quite nice and no one has ever noticed the stitching seams on the back of the collar Of course there was no way to get the collar flipped over so that the support stitching was underneath like it's supposed to be, I just had to live with that. Then I found good leather quality die Andre died the entire jacket In Black. It turned out quite nice and no one has ever noticed the stitching seems on the back of the collar, or at least no one is ever said anything.
I have reshaped many other leather jackets with just water. You don't want to hit it with a rag or squirted under the sink. You have to soak it good so it's wet all the way through. Then you reshape that part and let it dry in the right position. Finally give it a nice hand rubbing with a quality leather protection like pecards Leather Cream.
And if anybody has a Bad Wolf jacket that's just taking up space in the closet, give me a call you might have a sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails