Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Wide Brim Fedora Help

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Those are solid Fed! My Silverbelly Campdraft arrived in LA today hope to get it in my hands soon.

That is a very nice hat, but the brim is a bit smaller than originally requested. This is why I went for another Camp Draft over the Feds/Adventurer hats. Wider brim with edge binding for the about same price.

Here is a photo of a pair of Camp Drafts being shaped: View attachment 22346

The crown is open; the brim is wider and the edge is nicely bound.

Fed

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Thanks to all the fantastic advice in this thread.

Late this week I received a silverbelly Campdraft.

2 min ago I pulled the trigger on a 40's Dobbs Twenty on eBay:
Crown: 5 1/2"
Brim: 2 3/4"

It's open crown and never been worn, in box. I can't wait to get it!

Here is a page that I find useful in tracking down some of the better hats currently on eBay.
Collectors Weekly

I think you will like it. Knox and Dobbs twenties were very nice hats and quite popular in their day judging from the supply on eBay. I think the one you purchased is a 1950s hat. Another in the same size, perhaps a little earlier, was listed at $50 and didn't get a nibble.

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Oh man I missed that one haha, this one was $199 and I think you're right after I looked at Brad's dating post it looks to be 50's.

I think you will like it. Knox and Dobbs twenties were very nice hats and quite popular in their day judging from the supply on eBay. I think the one you purchased is a 1950s hat. Another in the same size, perhaps a little earlier, was listed at $50 and didn't get a nibble.

Last edited:

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
That suede looking gay prince you have looks amazing

Aussie Cookie

New in Town
Dont mind the Akubra ,Sombero just like wearing a fry pan on your head , ...!

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 174

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy