Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Road jacket arrived! [REPOST WITH PHOTOS]

Longshanks

New in Town
Greetings all--
My Open Road jacket by Magnoli Clothiers arrived, and very nice it is too. I believe I can't post an attachment, but it's exactly like the one in the Magnoli catalogue except in a dark dark brown finely pebbled goatskin, non-distressed.
I wanted a shorter-waisted lightweight leather jacket for not-so-cold weather use, and that's exactly what I got.
My favorite part about it: it fits.
Having tried and failed to get some fit questions resolved at other leading makers often mentioned on this board, I decided that I'd go with the Magnoli method and sent him a series of measurements--not of me, but of a jacket that fits me (I used an averaging of three different jackets). I'm 44 Long with wide shoulders and relatively slim hips (not, I assure you, the result of exercise). So most jackets tend to be tight up top and billow too much below. Surprisingly, his tailors didn't balk at such monstrous proportions and were quite exact.
The goatskin leather is very good, supple and moderately thick, cotton lining, synthetic lined sleeves. There's a one-piece center panel with quasi bi-swings on either side, and I like their design better than the ones on my vintage Taylor Leatherware which tend to bulge out a bit even when my arms are down by my sides.
It's got side pulls but doubt I will ever tighten them.
One thing I forgot to ask for was a throat latch.
The other thing I forgot to ask about was whether I could get a dark metal or brass zipper for the jacket. Also, the sleeve zip coverings are a nice touch but could be improved--they cover the zip, but they can stick out instead of lying flat over the zipper. Not sure what the fix is. Or whether it's worth thinking about.
I'd like to be able to compare this jacket to a Lost Worlds or Aero jacket, but I don't have one.
Yet?
Photos: (and KUDOS to everyone who ever posted a great photo of a jacket, because it's b***dy difficult).
OR1.jpg

OR2.jpg

OR3.jpg

OR5.jpg

OR6.jpg

OR7.jpg

OR8.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Glad to read you are happy with the jacket. I am sure everyone would like to see lots of pics. I do not think we have seen many of Magnoli's leather jackets at the Lounge.
You can post a picture through a free hosting service like Photobucket.

Welcome to the Lounge from a fellow New Yorker.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, looking forward to seeing pics... Indy has some great looking jackets on his site; I'm most interested in the Snake Plisken jacket and - in a less vintage style - the Fight Club jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm