Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Toed Sandals with Indecent Feet

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I was in a waiting area at the car dealer today and noticed that out of four women, all wore open toed sandals with horrid looking toes sticking out. I don't think one needs toe polish to have non-offending feet, but what is it with people not even paying attention to basic grooming and personal hygiene matters? Dreadful!

Have you noticed this in your area?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ewww. Not that I'm a toe snob or anything, but if one can't take the time to make sure their feet are suitable for public view, they should stick with closed shoes. Guys are even worse offenders than women -- the idea of lumpy, hairy guy feet sticking out of dirty flip flops is a trend I really wish would go away.

Just another example of modern-day slob culture run rampant.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wearing sandals, your feet should be worthy of being displayed. I start getting pedicures around springtime...I am one too that does not care for feet in the first place, so I take special precautions to make sure they are looking their best. My biggest peeve is hands, dirt in the nails, and so on really grosses me out (hand fettish [huh] )

Rosie

One Too Many
Ewww, I agree, there is a certain teacher here that I believe has never come foot to stone with a pumice, nor a bottle of lotion. Nail polish aside, pedicures are a must when wearing open toed shoes.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't notice toes as much as heels. Most of the women I see in sandals need a farrier. I find that a callus rasp and foot rasp are more comfortable than a pumice stone for calluses.

I don't like men with Frodo feet in sandals; I think they'd look better in loafers.

Caledonia

Practically Family
And don't forget a good old scalpel. Actually, I was wearing a pair of peep toe 40s the other day, red polish of course, and my sister in law asked to try them on. :eek: :D I'd been in a rush and only painted the nail that was on show! Does that count as untended feet?lol

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Let's not forget those gals that are either too lazy or just don't care enough to touch up their nail polish. Who wants to see six day old chipped horrid nail polish with sandals or any open-toed shoe?

Etienne

A-List Customer
Funny that feet have come up as a topic--just this afternoon I was at a meeting and we all looked down at almost the same moment and commented on all the toes and sandals in front of us! (It was 86 degrees here!) Everyone had pretty nail polish on and sparkly thong-type sandals! Silver, tourquoise, pink, black and white shoes with red nail polish on every single toe on display!

Naama

Practically Family
I don't know, but I somehow dislike the look of my feet...... It hasn't to do anything with hygiene or grooming matter (well, ok, my feet-skin (is this a word?) are extremly dry, but for me that's a generall problem (despise my face :mad: ), I just don't like them. I feel as uncomfortable in open toed shoes as if I would run along the streets in underwear. I heaven't worn open toed shoes since ages!

Naama

Caledonia

Practically Family
What you want is anything in the drug store that says it "dissolves dry and hard skin, leaving a smooth silky finsh, ya da ya da......" It does nothing of the sort, but put it on in goodly amounts, stick a pair of cotton socks on overnight, and do that for a week - your tootsies will look like heaven. But you've got to do that every other week. And again I mention a good old fashioned scalpel! Not for the face mind! :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
A good pedicure does wonders for feet! though it your feet are in really bad shape, it might take going a few times to get the results you want. I do mine at home. There are so many products out there now that are absolutely fabulous, plus, doing your feet at home is convenient and a whole lot less expensive!:D
I've got hot pink nail polish on my toe nails...not exactly my kind of color but me and my nine year old were having a 'girls' night :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW