Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on fit and possible modification - Lewis Leathers Dominator - size 42

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mine was just heavily customised because of the aggressive taper the previous owner required for the waist.
I also had mine tapered by LL. The problem was that the taper started too far down and so I had a tight hem, but around the belly was still too much material.
I don't need a V or a )(, I need a Y.
I think your jacket looks good and doesn't need any further alteration.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I think I'm just too anxious for all of this, I start to design a million things and then end up lost and confused... Anyway, I appreciate everyone's insights, as always. It's great how everyone here is open to share knowledge.

BTW, @Aloysius, just another pearl, a few months ago, when I first post on FL, in the Field Leathers thread, you mentioned LL were top tier in terms of their patterns. I completely agree with you now. This one feels like I'm wearing a hoodie or something like that... It is so freaking comfy in a way that I thought it wouldn't be possible in a leather jacket. When I first tried it and closed the deal with the dude, I didn't have any mirrors around so I was sure it was looking huge on me, because it felt so spacious. I only bought it because the price was good. When I had the chance to finally look in a mirror, I could not believe it was indeed my right size!
Leave it alone and wear it as much as possible - the fit will improve further still once you give it a chance to mould to your body. Then check back, but I would not touch it if I were you - you will get minimal / negligible improvements but with a high chance of ruining it….litte point in adjusting it when it is so close and you have not yet let it form to shape

mvilla

A-List Customer
Leave it alone and wear it as much as possible - the fit will improve further still once you give it a chance to mould to your body. Then check back, but I would not touch it if I were you - you will get minimal / negligible improvements but with a high chance of ruining it….litte point in adjusting it when it is so close and you have not yet let it form to shape
Yeah, you're right. I ain't gonna change nothing, it looks good the way it is. :)

mvilla

A-List Customer
I also had mine tapered by LL. The problem was that the taper started too far down and so I had a tight hem, but around the belly was still too much material.
I don't need a V or a )(, I need a Y.
I think your jacket looks good and doesn't need any further alteration.
Yeah, I think the previous owner might've tried to get to such a shape, as the drop from pit to pit to hem was about 4in (23 to 19.25). Anyway, I think I'll be keeping it this way, if I find a tight version, I might give it a try too then :)

MrProper

Yeah, I think the previous owner might've tried to get to such a shape, as the drop from pit to pit to hem was about 4in (23 to 19.25). Anyway, I think I'll be keeping it this way, if I find a tight version, I might give it a try too then :)
It's the same for me. 23.6" (60 cm) P2P to 19.3" (49 cm) hem.
My change has not altered this ratio, but I now have more Y instead of V.

mvilla

A-List Customer
It's the same for me. 23.6" (60 cm) P2P to 19.3" (49 cm) hem.
My change has not altered this ratio, but I now have more Y instead of V.
In my case this ratio did not work and thankfully I was able to get another inch using the technique Marc describe here somewhere in the forum. Right now it is 23 to 20.25in, which works much better for me.
I found a picture of yours before your modification. I feel in your case you had some bulging on the front before tailoring your jacket, so it made much more sense in your case, I think. And the result was superb.
In mine, I was wondering only because of the back of the jacket, as I feel the front is fitting just right. So I think it's not worth it risking just to trim the back a little. Besides, it is a look I can appreciate, it is much more substancial than my PHWM. This way I have two different looking jackets.

sweetfights

Leave it as is. It looks great on you! A flat vs hung jacket will look very different.
Don't mess around with it unless you have given it a chance to mold to your body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points