Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions needed! New (to me) Langlitz Fighter Jacket....

winterland1

Practically Family
I do not know this style of jacket well. It looks a little tight in the first picture but in the rest it seems to be a good fit for you. The overall look seems great on you.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Worf, looks a good fit and it suits you. I don't mind the pockets, you'll get used to them in a week. What a great find.

robrinay

One Too Many
I like it, it looks good on you and with wear it's going to get even better as it conforms and breaks in. My missus likes it too and believe me she is the 'style police'.

Last edited:

Lando

Practically Family
I like the jacket sir. Is that Langlitz's heavy goatskin? I have a similar jacket that fit me a bit close in the stomach so I had it expanded slightly by Johnson Leather. While it was there I had the knits changed and the collar changed out for a knit one. I really liked it before, but I damn right love it now. Just thought I'd mention it if for some reason you should get unsure of the fit. Mine fit a little closer than yours does and I just felt like I was sealed up too tightly in it. Let the chest and stomach out a few inches and the thing feels like a dream now. Yours looks good though, and Langlitz does make a fine flight jacket, finer still when you can get it a deal price off the Bay.
8659012516_d8db2bbbe5_b.jpg

Locrian

New in Town
I hope you don't mind if a stranger adds his 2 cents.

IMO the jacket is the right length, and not too short at all. One of the reasons classic style jackets look "short" is that they were designed for a time when a man's pants were worn damned high. Classic jeans or cargo pants did not sit on the hips but up on the waist. And so the jacket covered the top of the pants and the belt or suspenders. But jeans are worn pretty low these days and so jackets look short unless they are too long — if you see what I mean. The right way to beat this problem is to wear jeans whose rise is about an inch higher than standard medium rise. Then the jacket comes down to the right point at the top of the pants.

A lot of us are trying to have it both ways: classic jacket with modern jeans. Compromises need to be made or a good jacket will come across as too short when it is in fact well-fitting.

As it is here.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, Worf:

You are a big guy, and you found a Langlitz that fits, especially shoulders and sleeves, and looks good on you. Bonus points all the way around. Well done, man. That's the kind of score we all dream about. Enjoy it til you're tired of it, and send it on into the cosmos again. Thanks for the pics.

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Worf,

I think the fit is perfect. I wouldn't worry about how this jacket varies from Military style A-2's because it is meant to be a variation of that. The pockets are big, but I wouldn't sweat it. I think most people who see you wearing it will be impressed, the public is dumb to style and you wear it well. I like the contrast in the cuffs and the previous comment somewhere about better denim. I think it would look good with dark jeans and a decent cuff.

We want to hear about the Akubra you ordered.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks folks... it's a keeper. I might tinker with the knits... someday. Wouldn't change the collar but I love all the input and comments. I'm not sure if it's heavy goat or not. I've no experience with heavy goat just the light stuff. If it is that might explain why it drapes so well, that and it being almost 10 years old. I'm not a rivet counter so accuracy is not necessary in this jacket. If that become a priority I'll lose another 50 pounds and go GoodWear (not a knock just a compliment). Besides the overall vibe of the jacket I'm loving that satin (or whatever) liner. Almost a decade old and it feels like a baby's bottom. A friend who rides tried it on, he's a Vanson man and was curious about Langlitz as he'd heard but never seen. He loved it, almost fought me for it right then and there. Say's he'll be calling them next week. Again... thanks everyone for your input and opinions, particularly the Senior Cadre who've seen a lot more'n I have.

Worf

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I really like that Worf. Looks great and really suits you. I like the pockets as well :eusa_clap

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You'd have to be picky to find real fault with the fit Worf. You've just made heaps of guys
here envious of that find and as you say it drapes real nice. Enjoy!

Oh, and you'll dig the Akubra too, I've got like eight of 'em and they can take some punishment
and still look good!

IXL

One Too Many
The jacket looks good...pockets look good....I like the knits...the length is fine...one of the plants needs water....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Definitely a front runner for "Outwear" response of the year :D

I thought it was funny too but I wasn't gonna bite! I called "The Plant Police" (I call em whenever I find a dying/dead potted plant) and the perpetrator has been chastised... most severely....

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart