Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions of this coat

Marcus

A-List Customer
I picked up this coat about a year ago. I'm pretty sure it's not vintage but is the style even close? It's 100% wool and has a wool belt. I don't have any detail shots, but I figured if it's way off the mark, the experts here will be able to spot it real quick:

civilian005.jpg

civilian008.jpg

Brooksie

One Too Many
I am by no means an expert on mens clothing but it looks to me like it does have a classic style appearance to it and with what you are wearing - the complete look does seem very vintage. Just my 2 cents for whatever they maybe be worth.

LB

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a classic cut on the whole. If there's a knock against it it might be that the gorge (where the notches in the lapel sit) is a little bit low. I might also argue that it's a tad big on you, but the fit isn't as exact in an overcoat. Could you post a picture of it buttoned up?

nulty

One of the Regulars
The look is vintage. Any shots of the lining and label would help date it. I'd agree that the lapels are suspect but in the context of the coat and picture not reliable....

The style is fine.

Oktagon

New in Town
Well.... It is a notch lapel DB coat. This is not a classic by any stretch of emagination. Circa late 80s. It is a functional coat, but it belongs to the same era as "member only" jackets. I would highly recommend getting a peak lapel DB coat, or a notch (or peak)lapel SB coat. Generally notch lapel on a DB garment is a faux pas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80