Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opions Aero's latest offering

Mark

Practically Family
I am very fickle, if some one says leave it I go with that but then along comes a few positive comments and I change my mind again!
Hey Don Tomasos i'm 50 too is that why this jacket appeals?
I now recall I had a suede jacket from a company called The Territory Ahead, a USA company, similar to Aero's offering but without the knits and half the price. I sold it on as it was a very bright yellow suede, needed sun glasses to look at for any length of time.
I will put it on hold for now as I only just took ownership of a BK russet Waldo Pepper, very nice it is too.
Will keep an eye on the Aero sale page, you never know.

Edward

Bartender
I like it.
3dd54a4c48c0cd6f4f4f99da0e4f7036.jpg

It looks a lot like the one Elvis is wearing in this photo.......therefore it is awesome.

Well, Elvis is one man whose fashion choices - pre-Army, anyhow - were by and large impeccable.

Are there any 50s boards? A lot of my interests: music, style, cars, architecture....are of this era.

I'm sure there are.... This place of course covers that, though the majority of TFL natives as 30s/40s. The specifically 50s bits and peices I've seen have been chiefly rockabilly, though, so might not be as wide in scope as TFL.

I'm not wild about it, but it certainly rounds out their offerings of more sportier jackets.

That's one of the reasons I like seeing it here. I do think it looks nice; suede just isn't for me personally, but I still like to see the Aero range broadening and new stuff coming in. It's amazing just how much has been added to the range since Ken took a more active role again. There must be, what, twice the number of models? Quite a creative period for Gala.

"An ideal Spring, Summer and Autumn jacket which will only be available until stocks of this suede are used up" - (from Aero's site) - looks like those who want one shouldn't hang about. Maybe they'll keep it permanently if it proves a winner.

Well, I would consider buying this jacket even if it is a bit "style for middle-aged-men" - heck, I'm 50 - and the overall square looks, but then I just bought a jacket and there's no room for another one.;) I like it, though.:D

Uhm.... but, more jackets is better, surely? (If we all keep the average number of jackets owned *up*, it helps us all to justify buying more! :p ).

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First, I have to say that I really like dh66's logic -- that's the most sensible thing I've heard in a while. Second, I've been a sucker for suede ever since seeing Lennon's jacket on the sleeve of "Rubber Soul." I had a jacket of that dark, reddish-brown suede when I was in high school, and it had black leather collar and cuffs, pocket flaps, and piping. Sigh, I miss it more than my high school sweetheart.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While I love the idea of a suede jacket, I don't want a piece of casual outerwear that I need to baby to keep it looking great. My brother had a gorgeous suede trucker jacket a few years ago that was destroyed by him getting caught in rain 2 -3 times. It went from this gorgeous thing of beauty (for a trucker jacket lol) to a miserable looking mess that he threw out.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I think someone on the vlj forum bought one when the style came out and pictures were shown both here and there, cannot find them right now though.

I recently looked at the style again because I'm looking for a suede jacket since Terry presented a few of his suede findings and to my large disappointment I had to read they offer the College jacket in "split calf suede" these days. Shame. I remember when the style was released, they made a big deal out of the suede being not split and much superior to all those cheapo split leather suede everyone else supposedly used. Think it was goatskin suede, too, which I'd prefer over calfskin as well, considering goatskins reputation for longevity.

StichInTime

New in Town
Thanks jacketjunkie.

Any other alternatives worth looking at? I don't think Schott or Golden Bear do a serviceable (read Made in USA) version any more.

I'm personally not a huge fan of this style. I find the body tends to ballon out and they aren't terribly flattering. I do like this version by schott tho.
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ