Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OPTIMO FALL COLORS 2004

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lord, that was awfully big. I want to see if I can shrink these things.

karol

(EDIT) I attempted to size the pic and goofed it by skipping a step, then lost it. Sorry Karol, here is the text and your pic.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Still huge, even after I altered it. I am not sure how to reduce the jpg files a friend sent me. I have two more to send of my new hat, side views of the hat brim snapped up in back and one with it down.

Will try to figure out how to get these photos down to a workable size.

Anyway, I love my new hat!

karol

(EDIT) Karol here is the second pic. If you want to PM me, maybe I can help in sizing your pics. I have done it before on the forum without deleting, but I got into skipping a step and couldn't get back to it. Sorry.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
My Toffee was put on the block today. I went with a high crown, 2 5/8" brim, wide binding, wide ribbon, and trolley string. It should be finished by Saturday, so I'll have it by next week sometime.

Gershomite

New in Town
The "This Hatter, That Hatter" issue is not for me, I am still all tuckered out from constantly explaining to the Ford and Chevy owners that Dodge is where its at! But they will not listen. Hemi!

All I know is that if I order a hat made from clear beaver, I am going to order a dark ribbon and bound edge so that I can find it again after I set it on the rack.

Gersh

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hahaha, Gershomite!

For that matter, Fedora's "Platinum" beaver had better shine like silver, and Art's "Imperial" beaver should make me feel like an Emperor ;)

Gershomite

New in Town
I can readily agree with you there, Zohar. I would suggest the lightness of "Titanium Beaver" for summer wear, although those on a budget, (such as myself), will probably go for the "Aluminum Beaver" option.

:)

Gersh

myronw

New in Town
Gershomite and Zohar,

Sooooo... I guess if I didn't already have a spare tire around my middle, I'd have to watch out for it AND a chrome dome every time I wear my Vintage Mercury felt.

Keep smiling,

Myron

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I talked to Graham today, and found out that my hat will be trimmed tomorrow. It is one of the first large crowned hats that he ran through the pre-blocking process. He said that he has invested thousands in the preblocker to help give the hats a better finish, and be more like vintage felt (since most of the hats made by the great hatters of yesteryear like Stetson, Cavanagh, Maclachlan used it)

He said that a hat that has been run through the preblocking will look pretty much the same as one that has not been through it, though the difference may be perceptible. However, in four or five years, the hat should be holding up terrificly. It should be able to go a lot longer between reblocks than hats that haven't gone through it.

My brother is going to be in Chicago tomorrow, and he's going to get to see it before me. He's big into a vintage lifestyle, and digs nice hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace