Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Manhattan Fedora Size 57.25cm in Nicotine with British Tan Centerpiece

Skittleseer

New in Town
Well, there is no doubt that when I like something, I try to get the best out there. And as it turns out, I don't look very good in fedoras. I ordered this fedora from Optimo just about a year ago and wore it a few times. I never wore it to work because sometimes, I can get into a lot of dirty work and most of the time, I'm wearing a hardhat. The hat is a Manhattan with a 2.5 inch brim. The size is 57.25cm (7 5/32). Of course you already know that it's made in Chicago. The color is nicotine - a very dark brown that has no other hues of any kind. It is the darkest brown you can get to black. The ribbon and bound edge is also nicotine; the centerpiece is British tan. This is a lightweight felt that is good for 3 seasons. I wanted to be specific on the type of felt since Optimo uses a variety of wild furs. Tiffani informed me that this fedora is 100% underbelly beaver. That would certainly explain the softness and suppleness! It's really incredible how you can shape the brim without using steam! This fedora also comes packaged in the sturdiest hat box I've ever seen! I'm sure most of you out here are already familiar with Optimo and their superior quality hats. But if not, I encourage you to visit their website. I'm asking $750 OBO. I took pictures with a flash and in natural sunlight but posted the ones mostly in sunlight. If you would like additional pictures, I would be happy to assist. Please send me a message if you're interested.

Skittleseer

New in Town
Just gorgeous. The brim's a touch too narrow for me, but it was an honor just to see this beautiful thing!
Thanks! Everybody has their taste. I'm not sure if I need to go with a narrower or wider brim myself. Unfortunately, fedoras are in small demand in my little city and leaves me little choice but to search online. One thing I have discovered is that just looking at a hat is very different from looking at yourself wearing the hat. The brim appears larger to me when I'm wearing the hat! :D

Skittleseer

New in Town
Just gorgeous. The brim's a touch too narrow for me, but it was an honor just to see this beautiful thing!
By any chance, is your avatar an Art Fawcett? It's a very sharp hat! It looks a lot like his style. He does excellent work and he's a super nice guy.

Skittleseer

New in Town
I know. I did go through a lot of trouble writing up a short novel and taking a bunch of pictures. The hat doesn't look terrible on me but I think there are hats better suited for me. Bob, I like the one in your avatar. I think a hat like that would look better on me. At the same time, I turned on the steam to reshape the brim on my Montecristi - got rid of the snap brim and thought, "Man, that looks 100% better than the snap brim.!" Funny that just little changes can make huge differences. At that point, I contacted Tiffani at Optimo. I'm going to get the hat band and binding replaced with a vintage charcoal ribbon with blue undertones so it will work better with formal and casual clothes. The previous ribbon was too formal.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I know. I did go through a lot of trouble writing up a short novel and taking a bunch of pictures. The hat doesn't look terrible on me but I think there are hats better suited for me. Bob, I like the one in your avatar. I think a hat like that would look better on me. At the same time, I turned on the steam to reshape the brim on my Montecristi - got rid of the snap brim and thought, "Man, that looks 100% better than the snap brim.!" Funny that just little changes can make huge differences. At that point, I contacted Tiffani at Optimo. I'm going to get the hat band and binding replaced with a vintage charcoal ribbon with blue undertones so it will work better with formal and casual clothes. The previous ribbon was too formal.
We often find humour here in all our little quirks and peccadillos. Hope the hat works out. The hat crease in my avatar is a bit unusual. Many creases look nice in pics but when you put them in your hat and wear it they don't look so great. Here's another pic of a similar crown crease seen in my avatar.
downloadfile-1-1.jpg

Skittleseer

New in Town
Optimo should receive my hat today
We often find humour here in all our little quirks and peccadillos. Hope the hat works out. The hat crease in my avatar is a bit unusual. Many creases look nice in pics but when you put them in your hat and wear it they don't look so great. Here's another pic of a similar crown crease seen in my avatar. View attachment 70149
I hope it works out too. I have confidence in Tiffani. She had no way of showing me the ribbon color but I'm sure it will work. The crown creases do look good but I don't think I could pull it off. You wouldn't think such changes would make a huge difference. It may look good in the store or in a picture. Pair it with the wrong head, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner