Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original A-2 Prices

Chindit

New in Town
Greetings All,
After years of lurking, I decided to officially join up.

I have a question about original A-2 prices. I used to collect them (late 80's, early 90's) and have been out of the market for some time. I was curious as to where prices are now (I had heard they had gone up, then down, then up, etc.).

Therefore, I thought I would describe my best jacket, and you guys would be able to give me an idea of what a jacket like this would go for these days.

Jacket description:

1. Size 42 R

2. Excellent original cuffs and waist

3. good lining and spec label (United Sheeplined)

4. Horsehide in very good condition

5. No patches or insignia

6. No name strip

7. No signs of removed insignia

While I am not intererested in selling this jacket, an estimate of its value should give me a good idea of where prices are should I decided to re-enter this insane world.

Thanks so much.

rumblefish

One Too Many
I think most of us would like to see it,,,any pictures.
I don't know enough about them to help,,,I'd just like to see the pictures.

I bet a search for A-2 on ebay would help a lot.

If you choose not to look into it then I'd say they're worth about $2.00 to $2.75 these days (sorry about the bad news) I'll be glad to buy it from you for $2.75...:whistling

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
United Sheeplined A2s in good condition command high prices as this was a relatively small contract. I have a nice original in a size 42-fits like a 44- and paid a little under £500 for it 18 months ago. Pics of yours would be helpful.

I have 12 original A2s in my collection and have paid from £150 to £700 for each. £700 was for a very nice 100% original Doniger. Painted A2s tend to fetch the highest prices, especially if they are in a larger size.

Chindit

New in Town
Thanks for that information--that really is helpful.

(Interesting--it doesn't look like prices have gone up all that much over the last few years).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR