Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"ORIGINAL" Maltese Falcon prop

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
What about this?

Finding originals used in the film is becoming as hard as it was for Bogart to find the real one in the movie.

Auc7_158.jpg

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
MK said:
It is not from the Bogart movie.

Wow MK, I thought you were gonna jump all over this thread! That's the main reason I held off on posting!
If my memory serves, you went and saw one of the 2 lead falcons at the museum on the Warner Bros. lot correct?
PBG

Feraud

Bartender
GraveRobberGreg said:
If the guy paid $200 and he thinks its real then why do we care if it is or not? Are we upset that we didnt get it first? Just wondering....

:p
I say God Bless and congrats to the guy if he is happy with his purchase. I know I have overpaid on things in my life! :p

I have been meaning to ask this for a while and now seems like the time. MK, what are the chances of you doing another run of your black bird?

where is the begging icon when you need it?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Zach R. said:
Are the Haunted Studios ones pretty accurate?

Nope.....not of the dingus in the Bogart movie.

That one and the many ones like it are from a bird sculpted at Warner Bros. for gifts for their executives to promote a 70's spoof called The Black Bird. Take a look at the Falcon page on The Golden Era for more details.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

PrettyBigGuy said:
Wow MK, I thought you were gonna jump all over this thread! That's the main reason I held off on posting!
If my memory serves, you went and saw one of the 2 lead falcons at the museum on the Warner Bros. lot correct?
PBG

That is true. I am traveling....so my posts are a bit slow.

Fresno

New in Town
MK,

What is the story behind your version of the Black Bird? Did you create it? As a former private investigators I'd love to have a copy of my own. Keep me in mind if you make another run of them. I'm in.

Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo