Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Rough Wear B-3 from the AC 17756 contract

skelly

New in Town
Hi.
I'm new here so hello..
Loving the B3, would you be kind enough to post a picture of the collar strap detail as I need an idea of what may be missing or wrong on mine which is a 1943 roughwear .
Cheers.
Skel

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have had a couple of repro B3 and an ANJ4 each for over ten years, I've never had to clean them other than a wipe at the collar with a damp cloth.
As to lanolin in the fleece, when a sheep has been freshly shawn the wool is quite greasy, but during the tanning and dying etc I would think most of the lanolin is washed out.
Come on, there must be some RM Williams wearing Aussie and Kiwi sheep sheerer's amongst us who know?
Jaytee

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi.
I'm new here so hello..
Loving the B3, would you be kind enough to post a picture of the collar strap detail as I need an idea of what may be missing or wrong on mine which is a 1943 roughwear .
Cheers.
Skel

There are already three pics of the collar. What missing details do you want?

Last edited:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I totally missed this Andrew, and all I have to say is... HOLY JESUS!!!

Now THATS a bomber jacket!!!

Incredible shape!

Ive only ever seen 3 or 4 of these in this shape, This is one of the nicest Jackest I think Ive ever seen!

Im very curious what its worth and what you managed to Pay Andrew...holy!!!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. It was bought for a very reasonable price from a guy in the UK. I believe it was left behind here after the War. It really is a robust jacket which I wear from time to time.

Ynot ynnek

New in Town
My friends jacket, he died and his stupid brother dumped it in a skip/ dumpster.
When he was alive he said it came from burtonwood air base Uk . I’m not able to Id this jacket, any help would be appreciated.
It needs a zip…

Attachments

• 9B02A5F5-D8B3-4A00-B23D-FB1EDF6F75F5.jpeg
    9B02A5F5-D8B3-4A00-B23D-FB1EDF6F75F5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • 3F6897D6-4B66-41AE-B1FF-C3A030031476.jpeg
    3F6897D6-4B66-41AE-B1FF-C3A030031476.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member