Ostrek Rounding Machine for Hatters

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lawrence Green, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Lawrence Green

Lawrence Green New in Town

2. ChicagoWayVito

ChicagoWayVito Practically Family

A very interesting machine, used to the cut the brim. I am curious how one controls the width of the brim with this machine. Found a short video posted on Youtube of one in action at Bollman Hat Company.

belfastboy likes this.
  3. Lawrence Green

The width of the brim is controlled by an attachment. If you look carefully at the video, there is the attachment where the crown is upside down and touching the attachment. You would need to have an attachment made as well as a motor & a table.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  4. ChicagoWayVito

ChicagoWayVito Practically Family

Very neat machine, thanks for pointing out the attachment. Is the attachment variable or does it require a different attachment for each brim? Wish that I had the extra money laying around for it. I will have to still with my manual rounding jack.

5. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Wow. 1700 bucks. I think it's pretty neat, and for a historical value it would probably make a nice addition to someone's collection. Not saying it isn't worth the money but for much less I get the same results with my handy dandy Rick Walker brim cutter...

[​IMG]

humanshoes and hatsRme like this.
  6. Lawrence Green

This machine is intended for a Hatters studio. Yes, for small production, the rounding jack that you show in the picture is perfect. The Ostrek Rounding Machine is just for larger production.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    deadlyhandsome and T Jones like this.