Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other High End Brands Like Aero and Lost Worlds, Please

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I know I've come across high-end makers other than Aero, Lost Worlds, Schott, and Johnson Leathers on this board; but I can't recall them now. I like my Vanson Teton but want something super duper for spice and want to check out all the possibilities.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I think I'd remove Schott from a "high end" list and I'd include Lewis Leathers

http://www.lewisleathers.com/Product-Overview.html

and some of the japanese stuff like Buzz Rickson

picture-12.png

Metatron

One Too Many
Speaking of Lewis, check out the two new vintage models they have re-introduced, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Very nice indeed.

Edward

Bartender
Which one? the universal racer? I think their whole catalogue is quite impressive.

Yes indeed! Some of them are a bit more Sixties than my taste, but they are outstanding. IOn the same price bracket as Aero / ELC. Lewis do tent to use lighter leathers than the likes of Aero's FQHH, which may or may not be your bag, but that's to personal taste, not a reflection on their quality. It's interesting to see them branching out beyond reproductions of the original Lewis designs from the 50s and 60s.

I think I'd remove Schott from a "high end" list

Schott make a nice jacket. I'd buy one at the right used price, but buying new I'd prefer to stretch to an Aero. Course, for the most part they're much cheaper than an Aero.

and some of the japanese stuff like Buzz Rickson

picture-12.png

Oh, yes... and Real McCoy's.

Red Baron

Banned
You also can find a private leather Jacket maker with no large big name affiliation. that can be a good way to go. sometimes a good maker leaves a big famous name like Lost Worlds and then strikes out on his own. If you live in a big city, chances are fine that a few may be there in your city quietly making very good Jackets without the fanfare or fancy name and website. it is always nice to stand wtih the maker there in the home of the maker and let him size you up and work with him in person. sometimes fancy auto leather upholsterers are that, some furniture leather upholsterers are that and do some Jackets on the side. you see? ask around. some leave the big name house or get fired for personality things when some are very good at his kraft no doubt. prices for leather Jackets, pants and belts can be good that way too as less overhead.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Thanks to those who answered. I really wasn't looking for A2 recommendations because I've already been educated on this board. What I was especially hoping for is finding a maker I once saw from Scotland I think with real classic styles and old-fashioned graphics on their site and people debated (here I think) whether they were for biking or fashion only.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
That must be Aero as it's the only one in Scotland! they did change their website design about 18 months ago,
Fantastic jackets! aeroleatherclothing.com

D

Edward

Bartender
they make nice stuff but I don't think it is exactly "high end". Their A2's back is made in two pieces :eusa_doh:

Agreed - they're not high end, though they're also not high end prices. Two piece back on an A2 is not what you want if you're looking for something 'accurate'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran