Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfit Suggestions

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Need some suggestions everyone! I need to put together a formal outfit, my base is a 1940's double breasted jacket. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the trousers. I am thinking of ordering some grey trousers from Magnoli, I was thinking the Hollywoods. I will get a photo of the jacket on me shortly.
Imported018.jpg

mc-hollypants-main.jpg

In general, there are alot of options. Other things to decide on include vest or no vest, tie, shoes, hat, and shirt. For the shirt I was thinking a plain white one, I would like a grey vest possibly. Everything else is undecided.

Any Suggestions?

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
anglophile said:
Why not try to find matching trousers?
I've considered and tried, I just haven't found anything really close yet. Some that are similar, but anyone could tell they don't match.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Finding matching trousers is 99.99% impossible. Either they wore out and got tossed or they are lost to time.

I like the contrasting trouser look and do it often myself, it was classic back during the Golden Era. It would make a good summer outfit.
AA304-1.jpg

AA084-1.jpg

BoldLook-1.jpg

I wouldn't go for a vest with this outfit if it were me. Brown shoes would look snappy (or spectators).

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Thanks for the link Dinerman! Sharp outfit in the link.

I think I'm going to go with some light contrasting trousers, possibly the Magnoli's or something else if I find anything I like. Brown Spectators for the shoes, white or striped shirt with a tie. I have a great resource for 40's ties so no trouble with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24