Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overcoat????

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Hi, fellas. Ladies. Say, what does one wear as an overcoat and maintain a spiffy appearance? I, of late, realized I don't have anything for temperatures above 40 degrees that goes with a nice hat. I am thinking long-waisted, but what is there? What is period or, at least, period-looking? or, Is a trench-type coat basically it?

Not really going for any particular look, I am just looking for something different (and better looking) than a barn coat or leather jacket. Neither really suit or look good enough.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Cab

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Hey, Cab...

I think that a traditional car coat might fit the bill. It's a little dressier than most casual coats, but not quite as formal as a trench coat. I was thinking about jumping on this one , but my girth exceeds their inventory! A Google search on "Car Coat" will probably turn a number of them for you to look at. They are said to be very popular in Europe - especially the U.K. Happy Hunting!

- JC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters