Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ozzie boots

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I've actually just bought my first pair of this style of boot. a pair of elastic sided leather soled Aquilas, made in Australia. Don't know why I resisted the style for so long - I like 'em a lot :)

swinggal

One Too Many
There was time too where Blunnie 505s became immensley popular and cossed over into everyday urbanculture because of Australian tap dancing group - Tap Dogs - who all weart hem as tap shoes. Tap Dogs are still hugely popular worlwide and currently palying the West End. They bolted the taps to the bottom and were very industrial in their dance style...often wearing work clothes etc to perform in. Kinda began in the mid 90s. They also made tap dancing more attractive to men again and the image of Blunnies and work shorts helped that.

Most guys I know own a pair of Blunnies to wear as a casual/with jeans as boots these days and yet you can wear them in the garden/bush/camping whatever too. Very versatile. Shame they had to be sold off to Asia. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCbIw1w6rs&feature=related

Says that in ten years (by 2005) the 6 guys in the group had worn out more than 5026 pairs of Blundstone Original 505 boots and 22,678 Capezio tap plates.

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought myself my first pair of blundies in February. I know they are not made in Australia anymore, but the fact remains they are still going strong. Most shoes I have bought are dead by the eight month mark so these have outlasted most.

If I already had a pair that lasted a decade and bought a new pair that died after a year or two I would be upset. But with most shoes lasting under a year, they are still doing better then most on the market.

I have read online about people who had the soles crumble after a year of use. When they contacted the company, the company did rectify the situation. Old boots were sent in and new boots were sent out.

With that said I am happy with mine. If I get another six months out of mine I will have to say they are worth the money and will probably buy another pair.

Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner