Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pacific theatre M422a on its way

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,

My latest purchase is on it’s way – caution prevents me from posting images at the moment until I get the jacket but it is to a named pilot, a Lieutenant, who flew Torpedo-carrying TBMs and took part in Leyte Gulf. It is an H&L Block that looks to be in fab condition and for little more than the cost of a new Eastman repro. Will post pics if it turns out to be as good as I think.

Can’t wait!!!!

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
M422a update

Hi everyone,

The jacket is every bit as good as I expected. I have rarely seen early navy jackets with a named pilot come up before. I have started doing some research on the pilot and so far all I know is he was killed in action in late 1944, having taken part in the Leyte Gulf battles.

I will try and post some pics at the weekend. The condition is superb. The collar perfect and the only wear is inside at the bottom of the lining where it has slightly torn and separated from the knit. Cuffs and waistband are all otiginal and near perfect. The waistband has lost some of it’s elasticity but this is being really critical. The goatskin is soft and very pliable and has no scuffs or significant wear. The felt patch for VC-71 shows a goat and two torpedoes crossed diagonally and it has a rare fabric printed nametag with rank and navy wings printed.

The H&L Block is a lovely contract and they come up larger than some of the other makers.

I now have a named navy jacket to go with my named A-2. I’m a very happy bunny!!

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, please post some photos. There are a bunch of us who would like to see the jacket. The WWII originals are the most interesting to me, especially when the pilot's name is known. Don't be like our friend Kojax who kept promising some pics, but never delivered.

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
Peacoat said:
Yes, please post some photos. There are a bunch of us who would like to see the jacket. The WWII originals are the most interesting to me, especially when the pilot's name is known. Don't be like our friend Kojax who kept promising some pics, but never delivered.

I will try this weekend. I have all the pics from the ebay auction anyway so if needs be I will post these later.

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,

Did not get a chance to photograph jacket at weekend so in the meantime her is the ebay number 230326821525

It is every bit as good as the pics if not better.

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

Oh, gosh, what a fine-looking jacket! Folks, plug that eBay number in and take a look at what bobbyball got.

Post some photos, bb, when you get the chance. Don't be like our friend kojax, who has been promising photos for two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland