Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paratrooper jump boots...which one?

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
I am looking to get a pair of paratrooper jump boots. I want black, not brown. Anyway, the choices are HH Brown or Corcoran. Is there any difference? Is one better than the other?

Any advice can help. Thanks..

Pete

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Pistol Pete -

I was in the 101st and we wore jump boots with our class A's. I had both the HH and Corcoran and IMHO the Corcorans polished better and were all around better boots.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I believe HH Brown now produces Corcoran boots and both brands are owned by the Berkshire-Hathaway conglomerate.

RJR

I wore Corcorans and agree with HeyMoe about quality and the way they spitshined.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Pistol Pete -

I was in the 101st and we wore jump boots with our class A's. I had both the HH and Corcoran and IMHO the Corcorans polished better and were all around better boots.

Greetings brother, ex-101st-and I used Johnson's floor wax on my boots for a short-cut spitshine.
Got on top sergeant's s..tlist for doing this too after I received the day off for best boots. :D

....yes, Corcoran is the boot.

Last edited:

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Greetings brother, ex-101st-and I used Johnson's floor wax on my boots for a short-cut spitshine.
Got on top sergeant's s..tlist for doing this too after I received the day off for best boots. :D

....yes, Corcoran is the boot.

I hated garrison but my Dad started me at a young age when I was in Civil Air Patrol spitshining shoes/boots and so that was my decompression time at night. When on Staff Duty or CQ I always had two sets of boots and would change if one got dusty or dinged.

I was 3-502nd which was disbanded recently and converted to a Cav unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot