Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

partially lined hats?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Half lined hats?
Does anyone else have a champ featherweight. Mine only has the plastic center part, not the rest of a full liner. Are they all like this, or did something happen to mine.

here's the hat

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Rick, this may be heresy but... consider removing the liners in your hats. I take out most of mine; it's warm where I am. (I'm bald, too -- and liners hanging down and touching my head bug me.) This isn't really vandalism: it's dead easy to put one back if you decide to. I mean, don't throw them out or anything...

MattC

A-List Customer
It came with a half liner

Lots of good lightweight hats had them. I have a Lee Adventure with one, and I've seen Champ Featherweights. I think the idea was protect the crown from getting soaked with sweat on hot days.

The half liner in my Lee covers the top part of the C crown, and is sewen in--I never have figured out how they did that without having the stitches come through the top. It is a very lightweight hat.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, my Champ Featherweight is the same deal.

It's a variation on the little round "medallion" in the old
Stetsons and other linerless hot weather felts.
Leave that thing in or your sweat (and if you wear any
hair grease product) will start discoloring the top of the hat.
Anyway, it's a cool "period" technique...

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
part of my problem with it is that the stitching is coming out slightly. I'm sure not going to take it out under any circumstances. I'm going to tie off the loose stitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24