Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patterned Silk Grey/Silver waistcoat/vest

Koechinggendoet

Familiar Face
Hello to all of my fellow loungers members
Does anyone know where to get this waistcoat seen from victoria and abdul wore by sir henry the head of royal household and hercule poirot that no one shall matches his humbility
Here some photo of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-203936_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-203936_YouTube.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20210520-204046_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-204046_YouTube.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20210520-204100_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-204100_YouTube.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 93
Hello to all of my fellow loungers members
Does anyone know where to get this waistcoat seen from victoria and abdul wore by sir henry the head of royal household and hercule poirot that no one shall matches his humbility
Here some photo of it
I think you would be best (more quickly) served if you commissioned a tailor to make you one. Find the material you like and any tailor worth the name can sew it up for you. I just had one made from excess material from a commissioned jacket. Tailor charged me $75US for the vest, I supplied the tweed they supplied the rest plus expertise.

Koechinggendoet

Familiar Face
I think you would be best (more quickly) served if you commissioned a tailor to make you one. Find the material you like and any tailor worth the name can sew it up for you. I just had one made from excess material from a commissioned jacket. Tailor charged me $75US for the vest, I supplied the tweed they supplied the rest plus expertise.

Yes i have been thinking of that,or an plain silk in grey/silver and embroidered

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yes i have been thinking of that,or an plain silk in grey/silver and embroidered
Belfastboy makes a good point, but you could always marry a talented lady. When I wanted an evening dress waistcoat to wear with a bow tie & tux, my lady said: "I can make that." So she did: This one looks white in the photos but it's silvery white, and what a lovely job she made of it too.
waistcoat 001.JPG waistcoat 002.JPG waistcoat 003.JPG waistcoat 004.JPG waistcoat 005.JPG

She has also made me a number of novelty waistcoats over the years, all so different and all garnered much attention:

waistcoats 001.JPG waistcoats 002.JPG waistcoats 003.JPG waistcoats 004.JPG waistcoats 005.JPG

There is a vintage fashion tailor that might just have the one you are looking for, but I doubt if you will ever find a similar fabric. Try these people: https://www.somelikeitholy.com/1920s-deep-collar-waistcoats-c-1_34.html

Belfastboy makes a good point, but you could always marry a talented lady. When I wanted an evening dress waistcoat to wear with a bow tie & tux, my lady said: "I can make that." So she did: This one looks white in the photos but it's silvery white, and what a lovely job she made of it too.
View attachment 336153 View attachment 336154 View attachment 336155 View attachment 336156 View attachment 336157

She has also made me a number of novelty waistcoats over the years, all so different and all garnered much attention:

View attachment 336164 View attachment 336165 View attachment 336166 View attachment 336167 View attachment 336168

There is a vintage fashion tailor that might just have the one you are looking for, but I doubt if you will ever find a similar fabric. Try these people: https://www.somelikeitholy.com/1920s-deep-collar-waistcoats-c-1_34.html
My wife is a Prairie gal raised in the household arts...she bakes, sews, spins, knits etc. I brought back my grail tweed from Scotland a few years back to have a jacket made....I asked her if she would consider sewing it up for me. She quickly declined. "I am not taking on that level of stress and you'd be best to find a tailor....it is better for the marriage this way."

Koechinggendoet

Familiar Face
View attachment 336153 View attachment 336154 View attachment 336155 View attachment 336156 View attachment 336157

View attachment 336164 View attachment 336165 View attachment 336166 View attachment 336167 View attachment 336168

That was very sweet of your wife indeed
I still need to marry though..
But lucky me my aunt was an tailor in around my area,im just gonna search the good fabrics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran