Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peacoat suppliers - London

MarkieMark

New in Town
FAO Brit Loungers:

Anyone know of any thrift/surplus/vintage stores in London where I can call in and try on vintage peacoats?

I already know of Silvermans and intend to get myself in there and try some on, however Silvermans have form for pricing things above and beyond there worth!

Any help greatly appreciated in advance.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
FAO Brit Loungers:

Anyone know of any thrift/surplus/vintage stores in London where I can call in and try on vintage peacoats?

I already know of Silvermans and intend to get myself in there and try some on, however Silvermans have form for pricing things above and beyond there worth!

Any help greatly appreciated in advance.

There are a number of shops along Cheshire Street, off Brick Lane. I was there just before Xmas and there were plenty of nicely priced peacoats available. I am not sure whether Levinsons had any, but a shop further along on the same side certainly did. There are pletny of vintage outfits in that area, it's worth trying any that sell men's clothes.

Peacoat

Bartender
Hey Mark, if you are interested in USNavy peacoats, you ought to read the Peacoat sticky at the top of the main page in the Outerwear section before you go looking for one.

If you are interested in Royal Navy Peacoats, please let me know if you find any. A picture would be nice.

PC.

MarkieMark

New in Town
I've been browsing the peacoat threads for quite some time now, including your extremely informative contribution. As a result I've got a very good idea of what I should be looking out for.

I was just after some local London knowledge regards stores that stock peacoats, RN, USN or otherwise.

If I do settle for a RN peacoat I'll be sure to post some images.

Cheers.

Peacoat

Bartender
If I do settle for a RN peacoat I'll be sure to post some images.

Cheers.

Please take a small camera or a cell phone with camera capability with you. That way if you should happen upon a RN peacoat, you could grab its picture. There are many of us on this board, as indicated by the WiseGuy, who would love to see what a current RN peacoat looks like.

None of my English friends are familiar with the RN peacoat; they just opt for a USN peacoat as it has an universal ubiquitousness.

MarkieMark

New in Town
I shall do just that and get some imagery for you.

I also have a couple of very good friends who are currently serving in the RN, and so I shall ask them to 'acquire' a coat for me for further inspection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael