Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pelushe

squid

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
My Barbisio longhair. Qualita Extra. Marked on the reorder label as TALPA (mole). Has the non plastic lining cover - obscuring the Barbisio badge below.

bk

That is a great hat. I've been looking for a nice Barbisio, buy they either aren't my size or go for more than I can afford.

When we lived in Sicily my wife and I would drive into Catania about once a week for pizza. We went to a tiny pizzaria in down town, then the gelateria around the corner, and finally to the Barbisio shop to admire the latest window display. They didn't have an impressive hat section, but I did get a great deal on a linen suit at the end of the season.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BK ,The patern on the crown is the same as mine. It is most beautiful. That corregated feature is great for allowing sweat to run without damaging the hat and good for allowing air to flow.Shame about the torn sweat.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Corrugated...

That corrugated insulator seems to be a '40s Borsalino thing.
Earlier and later ones don't have it- At least the later ones don't and my '30s one didn't- but my '40s ones do...

Seen my '40s Borsalino Angora..?

Similar to yer Barb.

B
T

MattC

A-List Customer
Borso vent appears later

I've got one borso with the vent that also has a Cav. edge. I am pretty sure Borso did not make them before the war, and hat definitely has a post war look about it.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
corrugated sweat

I've seen that corrugation on the sweat band in Borsalinos
through the 70s. I have older Borsalinos that don't have them.
One thing I have noticed is that the "roll up" Borsalinos don't
have them, for obvious reasons.

Matthew

New in Town
Silk finish?

So,

This looks exactly like a "silk finish" I see on some new Stetsons, specifically the Hampton. Is that the case?

How well do these "silk finishes" hold up in the rain?

(Will my Hampton be ruined?)

- Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart