Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Permanent Make-up?

Etienne

A-List Customer
OK, so I'm one of the older ladies in the group (!), but I've just recently learned about permanent make-up (other than eyebrows, which I did know of.) Just yesterday I visited a salon owned by a gorgeous young woman of 30 or so. She had permanent lip color! It was beyond beautiful on her!! She had a lovely pinkish rose mouth which looked so natural, yet so finished looking. She said she does a touch-up on it once a year. Have any of you ladies ever tried this? Are you pleased with the results? Any words of advice on it, especially for us "Older Women"? Thanks!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I've not met anyone who has done it themselves yet, but last time I was getting my nails done, there were two older ladies getting peddies raving about their perm make up. One was saying how she gets her lips and eye brows and I think the other mentioned that she basically gets the whole package. They both looked reallly nice and one of them had just came from getting her touch up.

BitterEpiphany

Familiar Face
there are problems with permanent make-up. First off, if you're suceptable to allergies, you'll know that most allergies can become graded allergies - i.e., they get worse with exposure - and, as a lot of ink contains nickle and cobalt, people can develop severe allergies to both. I would describe the aftermath in detail but it's really quite gross. (Having seen it first hand, I can really attest to that fact.)

My aunt has permanent eyeliner and it looks nice - except that it isn't quite as close to the lash line as it could be and, with time, it will tend to favor a more purple tone from it's orginal black. To boot, because she always has lined eyes, lemmi tell you how silly it makes her look in sweats and a ponytail :p

With that having been said, of course, the trick to permanent make-up, if you think it's something for you, is to find an experienced, well thought of artist who you feel comfortable with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic